Magnetic Case Screen Sensor

sdg1689

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I just had this conversation with Samsung support and I was a bit surprised by this, especially since MOKO was advertising this feature for this case for this specific model. Do any of you know more about this?

Chat InformationPlease wait for a Samsung Agent to respond.
Chat InformationYou are now chatting with 'Ruby'. There will be a brief survey at the end of our chat to share feedback on my performance today.
Chat InformationYour Issue ID for this chat is LTK1125601471241X
Visitor: Hello, I was wondering if my tablet supports the magnetic case screen on/off feature, and if so, how do I enable it?
Ruby: I'd be elated to assist you in checking the tablet specifications.
Ruby: To help you better, please provide me with the complete model number so that I can look it up on our system. You can find the model number by tapping on Apps>>Settings>>About device on your tablet.
Visitor: It is the SM-T230NU
Ruby: Thank you for model number.
Ruby: Could you give me a few minutes while I gather the information for you?
Visitor: sure thign
Ruby: Thank you.
Ruby: I appreciate your time and patience.
Ruby: I see that the magnetic case screen feature for your tablet is not enabled.
Visitor: so it's there but not turned on?
Ruby: I am afraid; this feature is not available for Kit kat android version tablets(latest tablets).
Visitor: huh.... weird. When they update to 4.4.3 will they be fixing that?
Ruby: I am afraid; as of now we do not have any information about fixing this on new update; however, I'll pass what you've said onto our management team. So that they may can make it available on the new update.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That is weird. So your Tab 4 doesn't work with smartcovers? Have you tested it out yourself?