Is there an app I can use to make calls and send text messages from my Galaxy 4 tablet?

A

AC Question

texting from my galaxy 4 tablet

Let me start by saying that I am pretty much techno dumb. My question is...... I have a galaxy 4 tab with no carrier, plan or pre-pay, just a plan tablet. I was wandering is there an app I can use to be able to text &/or make calls with from said tablet. Please please help me

Android Info

May 7, 2015
Visit site
Hey there, FreeTone works the best for me.
I can call to the US and Canada for free!
You can get a local number too, it's a great app and I suggest you try it.
:)

prolongExistence

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: texting from my galaxy 4 tablet

Welcome to Android Central! You can make calls over wi-fi using Hangouts Dialer, which essentially uses Google Voice. SMS is trickier, because you usually have to piggyback off another device that does have a cell signal for SMS. See this article: Android customization - Send SMS through your PC or WiFi tablet, app shootout - Android Authority

I might be wrong here but can't you also use Hangouts to send/recv SMS messages using your Google Voice number?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: texting from my galaxy 4 tablet

I might be wrong here but can't you also use Hangouts to send/recv SMS messages using your Google Voice number?

That's a good question--I've never tried it. You'd need an actual Google Voice number, of course. It's possible to make calls using Hangouts Dialer without your own Google Voice number, but I would think that you couldn't send or receive SMS in that kind of situation. Bottom line is to look into getting a Google Voice number!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87