Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 - Can the navigation buttons be lit up?

almajor

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Can the "recent apps", "home", and "back" keys be set to light up? Would make it easier to use the tablet to read in darkened room. I could find no such setting.

cindylike24

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
They didn't on the tab 3, I don't think they do on this new one either, which sucks. I hope I'm wrong though.

You're not wrong on this. I just got one today and can't find where those navigation buttons light up. Not a big deal to me. I know the general area that the navigation buttons are at on the bottom of the Samsung Tab tablets, feel in that general area and normally find them rather quickly. I just upgraded from a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7" model) today. Still would be nice if those buttons did light up though. I just can't get over how much faster this tablet is compared to my Tab 2.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Not sure about the tab 4 8.0. If they don't light up that would be yet another step back on Samsung's part from the tab 3 series.

cindylike24

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I haven't found it yet but I've had too much fun playing around with other features of this tablet to see about this.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

orion430

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
They do light up on the tab 3 8.0. They don't light up on the 7 inch model only.

They do light up on the tab 3 8.0 but only when you tap them and by that time you have selected the option? It would be good if some of the screen backlight could be directed to these buttons as this would not mean more current drain from the battery. Just a thought.
Personally I don't have a problem with this.

Posted via Android Central App

sidamos

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Because they don't light up and because I am used to on-screen buttons, I disabled those buttons and enabled on-screen buttons. You need root to do this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress