How do I move my emails from my older iPad to a Galaxy Tab 4?

A

AC Question

When I switched to my new galaxy from my original Ipad, I tried to log on to my gmail account on my galaxy but didn't remember my password (my gmail account on my ipad was always open, so didn't really need the password). Now I have a new gmail password but it started a brand new account and none of my old ipad emails show up. When I went back to my Ipad to try to forward/move my old emails to my new galaxy (basically forwarding them to myself), my new gmail password won't work on the ipad. Of course, google will let me create a new password on the ipad, but I'm afraid if I do, it won't let me use the new Ipad gmail password to open my gmail on my galaxy. Sorry so confusing. Please advise. Thanks.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: I switched from a older Ipad to a galaxy tab 4 and want to move my emails to my new device

When I switched to my new galaxy from my original Ipad, I tried to log on to my gmail account on my galaxy but didn't remember my password (my gmail account on my ipad was always open, so didn't really need the password). Now I have a new gmail password but it started a brand new account and none of my old ipad emails show up. When I went back to my Ipad to try to forward/move my old emails to my new galaxy (basically forwarding them to myself), my new gmail password won't work on the ipad. Of course, google will let me create a new password on the ipad, but I'm afraid if I do, it won't let me use the new Ipad gmail password to open my gmail on my galaxy. Sorry so confusing. Please advise. Thanks.

Try using your computer to log in to the Gmail that is on your iPad, if you have to rest the password use the computer. Once you get logged back in make sure you update your settings in Gmail to send a text to your phone in case you forget your password again. This makes is way easier to reset your passwords in the future. Once you have all the info you need you can then go in to your settings on the Tab 4, go to accounts. It might or might not let you remove that new account, if it does not you may have to reset the tablet or just add another Gmail in there (the one from your iPad).