Bedtime mode activates Digital Wellbeing

lv2bsilly

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Just upgraded to the 5 Pro from the Galaxy Watch from about 4yrs ago, so far I am not impressed!

Why does bedtime mode automatically activate Digital Wellbeing?? I have Googled on how to turn Digital Wellbeing off, but it doesn't work. I like to put my watch on Bedtime mode but still browse on my phone and don't want everything in black and white.

I tried using Do Not Disturb but the watch screen still turns on when you flip your wrist 🤦🏻*♀️

I absolutely hate the selection of watch faces & didn't realize all the ones I've purchased from the Galaxy store would be gone 😫

lv2bsilly

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Try going into digital wellbeing settings>bedtime mode and turn off on phone

Not sure what you mean by turn off my phone. That option doesn't show on my S22 Ultra. It's already turned off but when I turn it on with my watch, it turns the digital app on on the phone

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220831-221947_Digital Wellbeing.jpg
    Screenshot_20220831-221947_Digital Wellbeing.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 15

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
Just upgraded to the 5 Pro from the Galaxy Watch from about 4yrs ago, so far I am not impressed!

Why does bedtime mode automatically activate Digital Wellbeing?? I have Googled on how to turn Digital Wellbeing off, but it doesn't work. I like to put my watch on Bedtime mode but still browse on my phone and don't want everything in black and white.

I tried using Do Not Disturb but the watch screen still turns on when you flip your wrist 🤦🏻*♀️

I absolutely hate the selection of watch faces & didn't realize all the ones I've purchased from the Galaxy store would be gone 😫

Yes, unfortunately the GW operated on Samsung's own software called Tizen and since the GW4 this was changed to Google's Wear OS. It looks very similar because of Samsung's One UI overlay. As a result, none of the Tizen based watch faces will work on the GW5.

The GW was a great watch. Loved mine as well, but in terms of hardware and Google integration, the GW5 is a massive upgrade. Some users may not want to use things like sleep tracking, Google Assistant, ECG, etc., but these are ultimately what set the GW5 apart from not only the GW but for the time being anything else on the market.

Last edited:

lv2bsilly

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes, unfortunately the GW team on Samsung's own software called Tizen and since the GW4 this was changed to Google's Wear OS. It looks very similar because of Samsung's One UI overlay. As a result, none of the Tizen based watch faces will work on the GW5.

The GW was a great watch. Loved mine as well, but I'm terms of hardware and Google integration, the GW5 is a massive upgrade. Some users may not want to use things like sleep tracking, Google Assistant, ECG, etc., but these are ultimately what set the GW5 apart from not only the GW but for the time being anything else on the market.

I really wish it was easier to browse watch faces as well. I do like the bigger screen and all the health upgrades ??????

I miss having a custom ringtone though, it doesn't seem to work the same way as before.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
I really wish it was easier to browse watch faces as well. I do like the bigger screen and all the health upgrades ������

I miss having a custom ringtone though, it doesn't seem to work the same way as before.

I think the biggest issue is how poorly Google lists these watch faces in the Play Store. There's actually a fairly large selection, but finding them can be difficult.

Many of the watch faces devs are now on Play Store also. What is your style? Amoledwatchfaces makes a lot of nice designs and as their name suggests, they are designed specifically with amoled displays in mind (which is what the GW's use). NXV watch face has quite a few that likely appeal more to women.

lv2bsilly

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I think the biggest issue is how poorly Google lists these watch faces in the Play Store. There's actually a fairly large selection, but finding them can be difficult.

Many of the watch faces devs are now on Play Store also. What is your style? Amoledwatchfaces makes a lot of nice designs and as their name suggests, they are designed specifically with amoled displays in mind (which is what the GW's use). NXV watch face has quite a few that likely appeal more to women.

Yes, the browsing could be better. I do like one of the NVX but prefer faces that have multiple colors and a lot of color options. The ones I see only have 5 or so color options.. definitely prefer the "girly" ones ??????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa