Galaxy watch Battery life

terry lampard

Sep 11, 2018
Visit site
Ok it's been more than a couple of days now and in the Uk pre orders arrive on the 6th Sept.

Got the s9 plus and battery life was a big let down and will get worse using Bluetooth with the Galaxy watch.

Any Gear 3 user's or general smart watch user have any comments/thought's on battery life?

Lived up to expectations? let down?

Received sat charged Sunday evening had to charge again Tuesday morning not sure how long this charge will last.?

nrfitchett4

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I lose about 1.5% per hour with regular usage. I still charge every night but now I know that when I work out in the evening, it will not die.

Gsxr151

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Folks with the LTE version...question for you: I often times leave my watch sitting on the table not charging, and go out of range with my phone. Normally when I go out of range the watch will connect to LTE. In this case should I have the WIFI and LTE turned to auto? Meaning when I go out of range the watch connects to WIFI vs LTE? Would that essentially save battery?

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Haven't gotten mine yet so can't answer your question but if leaving the watch behind would the easiest not be to put it in airplane mode

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
I have just got a full 4 days with my 46mm watch. It still have 12% and said it would go for another 11 hours but I wanted to charge it this morning. The first charge only lasted around the 2 days, so has improved but I put the first charge down to the fact I was playing with it alot. I have most things on, heart rate every 10 mins, receive most messages and have used it to take calls a few times. So overall I am pleased with the battery life at the moment.

jackjack1969

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
The first 2 days I got my 46mm LTE, I got close to 3 days. Now I'm using over 50% everyday. I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong

Last edited:

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I just got mine yesterday, not sure it was fully charged out of the box but it was 82% after doing the initial setup, from 2pm taking it out of the box until 4.14am it was down to 28%
I had aod, wifi, GPS, Bluetooth all turned on and obviously played around with it a lot over the day.
Went to bed at 23.15 and it recorded 4.50 hours of sleep time which I think is quite good out of the 5 hours I was wearing it in bed.
Starting from 100% today doi g the same with everything turned onso will report back tomorrow.
I should have gotten the lte version but they sent me the wrong one but I think I'll just keep it instead of the hassle of sending it back and waiting again, e-sim isn't supported by carriers here yet and I don't really use Spotify anyway

jimjonesG7

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
Pretty much same here first use 3days and 14hrs with 14% left, wasn't going to wait for it to die. Still wish we could get the advertised battery life with normal use.

Still alot better battery life than the Apple watch 4

Ken Allen3

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Mine is currently running for 3 days, 5 hrs and I've 23% left. I've heart rate measuring set to "frequent" (except for an hr every day when I exercise ) and I've nfc turned off.

Troodos

Sep 18, 2018
Visit site
When I first got the Watch I was burning through power very quickly, in one day, but that was expected, however, after settling down in daily usage I'm less impressed with the battery. I have to charge it on a daily basis, and I'm not even a power user.

Over night, I'm a late sleeper, 1am to 7am it looses at least 10%, I sleep with it on for sleep tracking.

During the day I experimented with always on display, and I had about 30% at the end of the day, now with it off it is parhaps 50% - either way, I have to charge the watch every day . I am extremely disappointed wit it to be quite honest, either that, or I have a faulty one?

I haven't even tried the power saving function, if I wanted that I would have bought myself a casio with an LCD display that lasts a year!

This is my 1st smart watch, I am seriously considering returning it and going back to my Seiko Kinetic that never needs a battery and I can see the time with a quick glance - quite irritated that I have to consciously turn and lift the watch and wait a fraction of a second to see what the time it. The Samsung I thought had come of age, but if I have to turn everything off in order to get a good battery life, then what is the point of a smart watch?

I honestly can't understand how some of you are getting 3 days use with Always On - something isn't right here...

Ken Allen3

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Also, turn off auto workout detection in S Health app on phone. This has been known to stick on some watches causing drain.

Troodos

Sep 18, 2018
Visit site
Thanks for your comments Ken and Hansen,

I looked at SHealth and it was consuming almost half of my power, I also had Location Information on, though I have no idea exactly what this does - I find some of the settings don't explain themselves very well - you have to google everything as the info in the watch and its effects on function vs power are not described at all.

I will see how the changes take affect. I have looked for a battery power app, similar to the ones you can get on the phone that show real time power consumption, but can't find such an app for Tizen, it would be useful to be able to see the affects of changing each option on power consumption so that we can decide if we consider the power usage worth the functionality - this would be a nice project.