Galaxy watch Battery life

jimjonesG7

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
Any current smart watch user have any comments/thought's on battery life?

Lived up to expectations? Let down? Tips on battery life.

Please share.

Last edited:

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
Ok it's been more than a couple of days now and in the Uk pre orders arrive on the 6th Sept.

Got the s9 plus and battery life was a big let down and will get worse using Bluetooth with the Galaxy watch.

Any Gear 3 user's or general smart watch user have any comments/thought's on battery life?

Lived up to expectations? let down?

With the LTE version i am on day 3 and have 40% left so will charge tonight. That includes probably above average useage due to constant "playing with it" and some kind of gps walk/run all days.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
After an eight hour workday plus lunch and commuting, I come home with an 84% charge, or 78% if I have AOD on. I've got the LTE version but I don't use LTE during the workday.

enthuz

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
My 46mm LTE version used 11% after a full workday which included tinkering with it as I learn the watch, plus all of my coworkers doing the same as they awed over it today. I'm very pleased with the battery life. I can only imagine how great it will be when I'm more experienced with it and get to just normal daily use.

Jax112

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Full charge this morning Wednesday the 29th will keep posted. BTW I'm using it probably more than normal

Mike1117

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
42mm Bluetooth version and found I was around 40-45% each night of after 3 18 hour days of use. Today was a 13 hour day where and I had around 60% left. No way will this watch go 2 days forget about the 4-5 days they promised.

Wolfpack_Lamb

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
My 46mm Bluetooth version will go 2 days before needing a charge but that's all. I'd say usage has been moderate both days. Not quite as long as I was hoping but decent I guess.

Epwhamilton

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
42mm Bluetooth version and found I was around 40-45% each night of after 3 18 hour days of use. Today was a 13 hour day where and I had around 60% left. No way will this watch go 2 days forget about the 4-5 days they promised.

Wasn't the 4-5 day promise applicable to the 46mm only due to the bigger battery?

Carrie Greicar

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Mines going to last about 2 days top. I wore it to bed with the goodnight mode on and it lost 8% just overnight with no usage. But I had my WIFI turned to on, I have corrected that to turn off once connected to BT so will see if that makes a difference.

jeepentj

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I think the "5 day claim" was for the 46mm non-LTE version of the watch. The smaller versions and LTE version of the watch should see less than that. Also, I'm sure the 5-day is with little use, screen set to a low setting and the always on display set too off.

I have the 46mm LTE version and keeping the sceen on all the time (AOD on), I'm getting about 2.5 days between charges. My guess is I'll get three when the newness of it wears off (and I stop playing with it).

For me the battery life is far better than what I had on my S3 (and I had both LTE and non-LTE version of the watch).

JREwing

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
Wife got her Tmobile Rose Gold. Used it two days. Sending it back. Battery life is horrible. Going back to her Gear Sport.

Craig Cozze

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I have no idea where Samsung got the 4-5 day battery life from, I have the 46mm Bluetooth and its one day and maybe a morning max. I lost almost 40% on good night mode, crazy

enthuz

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I have no idea where Samsung got the 4-5 day battery life from, I have the 46mm Bluetooth and its one day and maybe a morning max. I lost almost 40% on good night mode, crazy

Wow, mine is not that bad with everything on. I can get a little over 2 days. I will start cutting back features as I learn which ones I don't need them on all of the time.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Weird, what's going on with some of you and the goodnight mode. Something's not right. When I turn on my watch's goodnight mode and sleep for eight hours, I only lose between 2-5%

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
What is goodnight mode?

Heh, good question. Essentially it's like Do Not Disturb or Theater Mode in that it turns of the wake up gesture, suppresses notifications, and basically makes the Galaxy Watch leave you alone unless you press one of the buttons (i.e. you can fall asleep with the watch and your friend's drunk texts won't wake you up).

How is it different from those other two modes? I have no clue! I've read the descriptions and I can't figure out any substantive difference. Anyway, you can add it to your quick settings; it's the crescent moon icon.

Craig Cozze

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Ok found out my issue, turn off Samsung health continues heart rate monitoring. I don't remember it asking me this in the setup or maybe it's just on by default.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WyattEarp