Connecting to wi-fi hotspots that require web sign-in (ex. xfinitywifi)

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone here successfully connected their Galaxy Watch to a wi-fi hotspot that requires a sign-in? I (unfortunately) subscribe to Comcast, and so I connect my phone frequently to xfinitywifi hot spots. Each new device requires you to sign it in on a web portal. The other day I was able to get the page to show up on my watch's web browser, and I could enter the log in information. But it didnt seem to actually sign me in, and when I went to my Comcast account on their web page, it did not show that the device was registered. Has anyone been able to successfully connect to a hotspot that requires a web log in?

Other pertinent info:
- I'm using the T-Mobile LTE 46 mm variant of the Galaxy Watch
- Sadly, Comcast doesn't let me register my devices via a MAC address

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Open the page and log in. Leave that page open, open another tab and use it. The login page has to remain connected at all times you're using the connection.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Open the page and log in. Leave that page open, open another tab and use it. The login page has to remain connected at all times you're using the connection.

Wow, that explains a lot, thanks!

It also makes the use of such hotspots...far less than ideal. Oh well, I guess I'll stick to LTE. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez