Bluetooth connection to IPhone X is knocking out phone WiFi

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Galaxy watch Bluetooth connection affecting IPhone X wi-fi signal

Just purchased Galaxy Watch - using it with IPhone X running sw 12.1.2

Problem is that when the watch is connected via Bluetooth it is affecting the WiFi connectivity of the phone. The phone shows that it is connected to WiFi but has no connection to the internet. As soon as you remove the Galaxy watch from the Bluetooth list - internet connectivity is restored.

This makes the watch and phone pairing pretty useless

A

Android Central Question

Galaxy watch Bluetooth connection to iPhone X is causing the phones WiFi internet connection to drop out. The phone shows that it is connected to the WiFi network but there is no internet connectivity or any other connectivity with other devices on the same network. As soon as you remove the Galaxy watch from the Bluetooth list on the phone - internet connectivity is restored. This makes the iPhone and galaxy phone pairing pretty useless. iPhone is running software 12.1.2 and the watch is running 4.0.0.1

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Galaxy watch Bluetooth connection affecting IPhone X wi-fi signal

Threads merged. Note that posting twice is deprecated. If you wish to add further details to a question, please register as a member and continue posting in your original thread. More than one thread causes confusion and extra work for members.

Sebastian Loscher

Feb 10, 2019
Visit site
Re: Galaxy watch Bluetooth connection affecting IPhone X wi-fi signal

I've exactly the same problem, iOS version 12.1.3, Galaxy Watch Tizen version 4.0.0.1. As soon as I turn off bluetooth, the Internet connection via WiFi works again.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Someone here will probably be able to help you out. I have the LTE version and I don't use WiFi because I have unlimited data and use the mobile network, and so I have never actually tried to use the WiFi. I look forward though to see how your problem is solved.