Samsung Galaxy Watch Heart Monitor feature a possibly a life saver

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Although some have commented that this feature is not accurate, and it is not represented a medically accurate, this feature may have saved my life. I had a Pace-Maker implanted last May using a relatively new electrode configuration called a Hist Bundle. I got the Samsung Galaxy Watch for xmas. I noticed a resting Heart rate of 40 on it that was backed up by another smartwatch I owned. I went to see a new Cardiologist in the town where I had moved, who confirmed that one of the wires in my Heart has moved slightly, but this was enough that the unit was no longer pacing my Heart. They increased the power output of the Pace-Maker and it restored proper pacing. I feel like a new man. Thanks Samsung for making such a good product. The Heart monitor in the watch reports exactly what the EKG s reporting. [email address removed].

Last edited by a moderator:

sonnnet

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
Although some have commented that this feature is not accurate, and it is not represented a medically accurate, this feature may have saved my life. I had a Pace-Maker implanted last May using a relatively new electrode configuration called a Hist Bundle. I got the Samsung Galaxy Watch for xmas. I noticed a resting Heart rate of 40 on it that was backed up by another smartwatch I owned. I went to see a new Cardiologist in the town where I had moved, who confirmed that one of the wires in my Heart has moved slightly, but this was enough that the unit was no longer pacing my Heart. They increased the power output of the Pace-Maker and it restored proper pacing. I feel like a new man. Thanks Samsung for making such a good product. The Heart monitor in the watch reports exactly what the EKG s reporting. [email address removed].
That is awesome. What a great success story, amidst some of our (including my) moaning about the heart rate feature. Luckily, most people report that monitoring while resting and gentle exercise is accurate. It's when you exercise moderately or vigorously that the problems tend to surface.
To state the obvious, I'm glad it's been this way round and potentially saved your life than been able to constantly measure my pulse while I'm exercising hard.
Your story has put this in perspective for me and restored some faith in the watch, too.
Stay well and good luck with the pacemaker going forward.
Best wishes.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site

Wow! Glad to hear everything worked out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87