Did you have to get used to wearing the Galaxy Watch?

eds817

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I moved to South Florida 24-years ago and because of the heat & humidity I stopped wearing a watch. I had a cell phone and a pager, both of which had the time so there was no reason to wear something on my wrist. I received my GW on Monday and by the end of the day I was ready to return it. I felt pretty heavy and the stock band made my wrist sweat. My wife suggested keeping it through the weekend, she's always been a little smarter than me. One thing that's annoying is when I type on the computer it's very uncomfortable against my wrist.

I was just wondering if anyone else had to get used to it and if so how long did it take?

Thanks,
Ed

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
I would say for you, it's not a Galaxy Watch issue--it's just a watch issue, period.

I've always worn a watch, never stopped. Moving to the Galaxy Watch was no big deal. It's just a watch.

My wife didn't wear a watch, but once she saw mine she wanted one. She's not complained one bit about it. We both use laptop computers.

My frame of reference for this concept is eyeglasses--specifically, progressive lenses. I remember putting them on for the first time and thinking, this will never work. All day long, I struggled to handle them. Then quite literally 24 hours later it all just snapped into place, and my mind adapted to them 100%. Your watch may be similar. Give it a try.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Same as you, I didn't wear a watch for nearly 20 years, took a couple of weeks to get used to and I just can't wear it at night still.

alodar101

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I've owned them all...Versa, ionic, gear3, apple 3 and 4... And now the Galaxy watch. The best fitting, for me.. was the apple 4.. but you need an iPhone. I stood with all of the others..too baby or big... Always something. Finally got used to the galaxy watch with anyone band from amazon. Perfect, don't even know is there. I still think apple watch with the iPhone is the best combo... And if they ever open the store watch to Android, close the shop.. but the galaxy watch note9 combo works... With the right bands. I got mine on Amazon

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Just speaking personally, I got used to it pretty quickly. I hadn't worn a watch since high school and then I got the Gear S2 (then S3, then GW). I wear my watch all day and all night except to charge it.

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
Please let me know which band you're talking about. I'd like to take a look at it. Thanks

OK, I got my magnetic steel band. I like it a lot. It's slim, unlike the basic rubber one, and my sleeve doesn't catch on it because it's not rubber and not thick.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38