What insurance coverage is everyone using?

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
What would be the best insurance coverage for this new Fold 3? I am not going to take a chance without it on this device. Samsungs, Carrier, Square, etc?

I got mine from Best Buy, and they offered Geek squad, but heard horror stories on them. I believe I can add Samsungs once I get the device to keep it going after the first year.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I usually do Samsung as it's convenient and this time they are giving a year protection free from the normal $12.99/mo. If you have AmEx Plat card, they provide phone insurance up to like $850 or something, I think, as long as you pay your phone bill via that card. That said, it sounds like a hassle to file a claim.

Hghlndr

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Been an Assurion (Verizon's) user in the past, though since purchasing an unlocked ZF2 last year through Samsung, went with their's.
Always have had great service and actual perks using Assurion; haven't had a case filed with Samsung yet, so no idea how their service compares...
In the end, one still has to pay a deductible to whomever and this year I traded in for the ZF3 and took the 1st year free perk with Samsung Care.
We shall see....

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Been an Assurion (Verizon's) user in the past, though since purchasing an unlocked ZF2 last year through Samsung, went with their's.
Always have had great service and actual perks using Assurion; haven't had a case filed with Samsung yet, so no idea how their service compares...
In the end, one still has to pay a deductible to whomever and this year I traded in for the ZF3 and took the 1st year free perk with Samsung Care.
We shall see....

Yeah I have assuring thru Verizon for....well for as long as can remember lol. I've been with Verizon since 2012. I've used there claim one time luckily when I shattered my note9 screen and I had a replacement phone delivered next day. Which was awesome. I did choose the free year from Samsung Care for my unlocked z fold 3 so I guess I'll have 2 for a year lol.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
We shall see....
Samsung care+ is thru asurion.

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I traded my Note 20 Ultra 5G on the Fold 3 512GB in Black and got that from Samsung with $850 in trade for the N20U5G, I bought Samung Care + from Samsung on it. I then decided to trade the phone I use for work, a Samsung S21 5G on a Fold 3 256GB in Black, that I bought from Verizon and I always tak etheir Assurion 'Total Protection' from my phones on Verizon. On the FOld 3 I may let the Samsung Care+ stand AND put it on Total Protection on my Verizon account too.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I traded my Note 20 Ultra 5G on the Fold 3 512GB in Black and got that from Samsung with $850 in trade for the N20U5G, I bought Samung Care + from Samsung on it. I then decided to trade the phone I use for work, a Samsung S21 5G on a Fold 3 256GB in Black, that I bought from Verizon and I always tak etheir Assurion 'Total Protection' from my phones on Verizon. On the FOld 3 I may let the Samsung Care+ stand AND put it on Total Protection on my Verizon account too.
I'm not sure what you're saying here, but last I tried you couldn't put a phone you bought thru Samsung on a Verizon insurance plan, and I don't think you can get Samsung care if you don't get the phone from Samsung.

Hghlndr

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure what you're saying here, but last I tried you couldn't put a phone you bought thru Samsung on a Verizon insurance plan, and I don't think you can get Samsung care if you don't get the phone from Samsung.

Hey there! So like many been with VZ for decades and with their insurance(s) too.
I've had VZ branded and non VZ phones where, as long as within the first 30 days of adding it to my service, I could can add their insurance.
Also yearly, they have an "insurance buy-in" period where you can call them and add insurance to your device previously added to your line and refused insurance initially.
This was the exact scenario with my N10+ & ZF2. Hope this sheds more light....
Peace

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I do this all the time, in regards to having Verizon cover a phone I bought from Samsung. They were giving you the runaround it sounds like.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I do this all the time, in regards to having Verizon cover a phone I bought from Samsung. They were giving you the runaround it sounds like.
Verizon flat out refused to do anything for me on that Samsung phone. They put me on hold and came back with a Samsung rep and thanked me for being the best part of Verizon and hung up. They said they can't add insurance to it or warranty it

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I forgot to check the insurance part at check out so im guessing after i get the fold 3 then apply in Samsung members app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress