Hate it or Love it?

willanaya

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I just recently noticed that the fingerprint scanner can also pull down the notification panel (I was away from samsunf for 3 years so I don't know when this was introduced). I love it sometimes but when I type with phone opens, I find myself pulling the notification panel down constantly. Maybe next time, samsung could switch the volume and power button.

LocationDudeNYC

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I just recently noticed that the fingerprint scanner can also pull down the notification panel (I was away from samsunf for 3 years so I don't know when this was introduced). I love it sometimes but when I type with phone opens, I find myself pulling the notification panel down constantly. Maybe next time, samsung could switch the volume and power button.
You can disable that in Settings.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I generally like this feature on my Pixel but on the Fold it was too sensitive and was triggering accidental pull downs. I turned it off immediately after how much irritating it was after few hours.

I just use the swipe down anywhere on the screen to bring notification panel.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
I don't use it since I mainly hold phone with left hand... I have Accessibility / Assistant button turned on for when I want to click it to drop down notifications

Last edited:

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I both love it and hate it. It's kinda fun to do, but I end up doing it accidentally way more than I'd like

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Like how fast the fingerprint and face unlock is. I don't use it to swipe down the notifications tho.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Like how fast the fingerprint and face unlock is. I don't use it to swipe down the notifications tho.
I saw where some were complaining about face unlock using the inside screen. I wasn't really noticing any issue, but decided to capture an alternative look using the inside screen. Seems to be working pretty good.

ElConquistador1963

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm really digging this phone. Ever since my first tablet (some small Samsung tablet) I had wanted it to be my phone. I have big hands and bad eyes. I do wish it was a bit bigger. I'm 6'5" but this works well for me.

Disappointed the front screen does not support s pen

Love the fingerprint scanner. Works so much better than anything I have had before. Going to look how to disable the swipe down. Didn't know it was possible. Kind of annoying.

The action to fold open can be a bit challenging (for me) with big fingers or even one handed. Maybe a button to spring it open one handed will come in a later version. Or tabs to get a better grip to help open.

I do like the weight. Feels like I have something in my hand. Feels substantial.

When did lock screens with video happen? I love having my grand daughter on the video as I unlock!

Why do phone manufacturers make the phones so smooth / slippery? A matte finish or non slip coating would be wonderful. I guess they want to ensure case sales happen

Still learning. Only had it a couple of weeks. I really like Samsung devices but their customer care is the absolute worst!

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I'm really digging this phone. Ever since my first tablet (some small Samsung tablet) I had wanted it to be my phone. I have big hands and bad eyes. I do wish it was a bit bigger. I'm 6'5" but this works well for me.

Disappointed the front screen does not support s pen

Love the fingerprint scanner. Works so much better than anything I have had before. Going to look how to disable the swipe down. Didn't know it was possible. Kind of annoying.

The action to fold open can be a bit challenging (for me) with big fingers or even one handed. Maybe a button to spring it open one handed will come in a later version. Or tabs to get a better grip to help open.

I do like the weight. Feels like I have something in my hand. Feels substantial.

When did lock screens with video happen? I love having my grand daughter on the video as I unlock!

Why do phone manufacturers make the phones so smooth / slippery? A matte finish or non slip coating would be wonderful. I guess they want to ensure case sales happen

Still learning. Only had it a couple of weeks. I really like Samsung devices but their customer care is the absolute worst!

That's good real world feedback..... I hope Samsungs reading this. Especially the part about them having the worst customer service ever, I've read that stated on here continuously for years now :(

But I guess if they were reading this they would have improved their customer service by now lol. Maybe they sell enough phones that they don't care about customer service ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
It seems to be a really solid device from what I've heard! I was initially unsure of it but it's opened up a ton of realizations for me (how do we store big phones; if it's folded you're checking notifications less often and aren't a slave to your phone), and I'm loving that!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ab07