A few questions, if I may, about the Fold³.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Hi All.

I'm definitely drawn to the Fold³ and it looks like I may pull the trigger when Samsung UK have them back in stock. The lead time is around the 24th of September right now ! :(

1. How is the internal screen protector holding up ? I've read some have had wrinkles and indentations appearing on their's.

2. I would be using the Fold³ for watching mainly YouTube content. Does the Fold³ use it's inner screen to give a full screen viewing experience or do you have to pinch to zoom out. If so is content of the video lost / cut into ?

3. I know battery stats and screen on time is subjective, but is yours lasting at least a day from your usage ?

4. I'm looking at the Aramid Case from Samsung. Thoughts on this case is most welcome.

5. What do you think about the outer screen ?
I personally don't text too heavily and prefer to use the Samsung Messages app and the Samsung Keyboard.

All other input most welcome. :)

Thank you for your time.

kide#WN

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
2. You will not get a "full screen" viewing of the YouTube videos on the internal screen. The screen aspect ratio is different. You will get or large black bars or you can make the video to fit the screen, but it will cut off a good portion of the image.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
I'm definitely drawn to the Fold³ and it looks like I may pull the trigger when Samsung UK have them back in stock. The lead time is around the 24th of September right now ! :(

1. How is the internal screen protector holding up ? I've read some have had wrinkles and indentations appearing on their's.

I'm actually very happy with this one in comparison to Fold 2 which I had to rip off...

2. I would be using the Fold³ for watching mainly YouTube content. Does the Fold³ use it's inner screen to give a full screen viewing experience or do you have to pinch to zoom out. If so is content of the video lost / cut into ?

Zoom to fit unfortunately but it's still pretty cool watching on this phone..

3. I know battery stats and screen on time is subjective, but is yours lasting at least a day from your usage ?

Battery is totally good in my opinion and I only turn off what I don't use like app background refresh..

4. I'm looking at the Aramid Case from Samsung. Thoughts on this case is most welcome.

This looks nice.. I don't have one but the Fold 2 back one was good so I expect this one with a front case should be good minimal protection.. Also check Latercase has one...

5. What do you think about the outer screen ?
I personally don't text too heavily and prefer to use the Samsung Messages app and the Samsung Keyboard.

Outer screen I like it narrow makes it easy to do stuff on the go.. I will sometimes use it for YouTube too..

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Thank you so much for the input so far … much appreciated.

How is the Fold³ for ram management.

Does it keep apps and Internet pages open where you left off.

i.e Does not reload them when going back.

Last edited:

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
Occasionally I see a reload but it's rare.. I keep my apps open always except my vehicle app that is just wonky..

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Yeah no refresh on mine either

Thank you.

I read elsewhere that the phone didn't hold to what was being carried out on the outer screen to the inner screen as to continue there.

I'd certainly want to be able to open an app and start something in access a forum or Internet page and then be able to open the Fold³ up and continue where I'd left off and it not refresh thus losing where I was or what I'd been doing at the time !

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thank you.

I read elsewhere that the phone didn't hold to what was being carried out on the outer screen to the inner screen as to continue there.

I'd certainly want to be able to open an app and start something in access a forum or Internet page and then be able to open the Fold³ up and continue where I'd left off and it not refresh thus losing where I was or what I'd been doing at the time !
Yeah thats the whole point of it to start off where you left from front display but you need to toggle those on as its not set by default and its for each app.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I occasionally get a message to restart an app.... very rare. Not enough for me to even recall what apps. Maybe 3 times since I got it day one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty