Gear 2 and Email notifications

cellisimo

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I use the native Android mail app for my gmail which works fine.

In the Gear Manager, I have clicked to receive notifications from my emails, but it doesn't work. When I open up the email app on my Gear 2, it just says no emails...

Any help would be appreciated.

p.s. all other notifications work fine

haus

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I just got the latest Gear 1 update which has the "Email" app, and I don't know if works similarly to the Gear 2 Email app but it doesn't register messages until they start coming in. In other words, it doesn't sync prior emails from the phone, it will only show new ones.

Furthering my disappointment, if you delete messages from the Email app on the Gear 1 they don't get deleted from the phone, which would have been great. I don't know if the Gear 2 will allow this or not though.

swisstrader

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm also not receiving any email notifications on my Gear 2 even with new messages coming through...just says no messages. Text messages are fine

JacksonEdwardHarrison

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I use the native Android mail app for my gmail which works fine.

In the Gear Manager, I have clicked to receive notifications from my emails, but it doesn't work. When I open up the email app on my Gear 2, it just says no emails...

Any help would be appreciated.

p.s. all other notifications work fine

I have my Yahoo (primary) account set up thru the native email app on my Note 3. My Gmail of course is through the Gmail app.

I set both emails up in Gear Manager. When I open the email app on my Gear 2 I see only my Yahoo account. If I click that email address (in orange) at the top, it says "only I email account registered."

So I checked the box next to Gmail in notifications. I can now open my Gmail via the Notifications app on my Gear 2 and I can read them just fine and it does store them for me. Since my Yahoo email shows up in the notifications list right above my Gmail, I have just eliminated the email icon from my watch desktop and just access both email accounts thru notifications.

Works fine this way for me.

Jason Deee

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I had this problem today. SO frustrating. What I think was the problem was with my mail client and some corperate email security settings using Maas360. I reset my Mass360, then i disabled notifications on the Gear 2 directly (not through the manager app), then power cycled the gear 2. Once I reconnected the corporate email (Mass360) everything worked!

I was about to bring it back to BestBuy.

I have noticed the battery in the last few days draining fast. Anyone else see this?

HQ Fin

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi all. I a m having problems with my Gear 2 Neo and email texts. I can not see the actual message in emails, only the subject. This started after a factory reset a week ago. No matter what I do I can't fix it. Any ideas?

Posted via Android Central App

pcwineguy64

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Like the guy said below, I downloaded the Yahoo Mail App, and used the GMail App separately. They MUST be kept open and running. ALSO, you MUST select each of these Apps to allow notification and Showing their icons at the top of your cell (I have a SGN 2). Once I figured out the whole allow notifications thing, they started to show on my Gear 2. I also DE-Selected the regular email selection under Notifications in the Gear Manager App. For some reason, my work email seems to be tripping up the whole thing.....must be the bloody IT security protocols!:mad:

Crymzn

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Try going to apps on the Gear. Look for the email Icon. Tap the email icon and see if that will connect you. If that does not work use the individual yahoo, outlook, gmail apps as stated above. I also recommend using the MyMail app or Hangout app, they work great.

maryland_Person

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I have had the same problems. I called Samsung and was told to reboot the Gear2. I rebooted the watch but the same problem persisted. However, I did find the solution.

Open Gear Manager on your phone. Under the notifications tab, uncheck "Limit notifications".

Under the section called "Notifications for Gear", place a checkmark next to email.

Then, under the tab called "General Notifications", place a checkmark next to your email client(s). For me, that was both gmail and K-9 mail. The list under General Notifications is pretty long on my phone and I looked at it several times before I spotted the boxes for gmail and K-9. My other error is I thought placing a checkmark next to email in the section for Notifications for Gear was sufficient. As it turns out, you need to also check off the email programs at the bottom.

Here is a link to the user manual for Gear 2: Samsung Gear 2 User Manual. Unfortunately, the manual does not have this level of detail.

Good luck.

NoFaQ

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I've got Gmail, Yahoo, and work Corporate Exchange Account all configured through the stock email app on my Note 3. They all come through fine in notification and in the email app. When I pull up the email app up on my Gear 2 Neo, it defaults to the combined view, but I can touch the task bar on the watch and it will switch between each account separately.

Just remember, it will work on the individual apps, but you will likely have better results utilizing the stock Samsung email app, on the phone.

Tim Scott2

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
downloaded app from samsung gear apps called "Notify Gear" for 1.99 fixed everything and now I get full notifications with message and it removes notification on the taskbar if you read it on your gear.

carreguic

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
downloaded app from samsung gear apps called "Notify Gear" for 1.99 fixed everything and now I get full notifications with message and it removes notification on the taskbar if you read it on your gear.

That worked beautifully for me!!! And messages come complete and easier to read with the app. Thanks :)

NoFaQ

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
If you use the stock email app, and have an Exchange email already set up, it should come across like any other email notification.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non