I wish there was a notification indicator on home screen

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I am doing this wrong but if I do not see the notification pop up on screen I will not know I have any new notifications unless I swipe to the notifications app.

I wish I on the clock page a tiny notification symbol would appear to let me know I have a new notification

soboness5

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
You are in luck! Go to the Gear Manager > Home Screen styler > clock tab. Then select the shortcut clock and go to the settings by hitting the Gear icon. Then select your shortcut icons... One of which can be notifications. New notifications will show an orange number icon. Likewise, if you put your messages or email icon on the home screen, they'll show new notification numbers as well.
Hope this helps!

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
You are in luck! Go to the Gear Manager > Home Screen styler > clock tab. Then select the shortcut clock and go to the settings by hitting the Gear icon. Then select your shortcut icons... One of which can be notifications. New notifications will show an orange number icon. Likewise, if you put your messages or email icon on the home screen, they'll show new notification numbers as well.
Hope this helps!

This was the first thing I did - we notification freaks need to know what we have waiting.. Now my problem is that I will have a 4 or 5 on that icon and never felt a thing.

soboness5

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
This was the first thing I did - we notification freaks need to know what we have waiting.. Now my problem is that I will have a 4 or 5 on that icon and never felt a thing.

I'm assuming you already found the vibration strength setting? I think it defaults to 'strong', but worth checking if you haven't. I miss notifications from time to time, too, especially if I'm moving, or if my my stronger phone vibration distracts me.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
That's probably what had happened, I was moving around and didn't feel it. I'm going to go audible for a day and see if I can stand it. And yes, I had found the strength setting...

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

raremage

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
That's probably what had happened, I was moving around and didn't feel it. I'm going to go audible for a day and see if I can stand it. And yes, I had found the strength setting...

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I found audio to be too distracting, and sort of subtracting from the more subtle intent (IMHO) of being able to feel the notification, glance at it, and return to a meeting/conversation with minimal distraction from the people I am interacting with. If my watch vibrates and I glance down, chances are they haven't seen it as me breaking my attention away from them for something that could be trivial (what? More surfing squirrel video from my wife?). If there's an alert sound that I immediately react to, people tend to notice.

I've found that I get most of my notifications. Sure, sometimes I miss one or two, but it's much better than when I just relied on my Smartphone. Setting to vibrate or silent in a meeting I would constantly miss information. In some cases, things I wished I known about a half hour sooner sat idle while I was blissfully unaware.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I found audio to be too distracting, and sort of subtracting from the more subtle intent (IMHO) of being able to feel the notification, glance at it, and return to a meeting/conversation with minimal distraction from the people I am interacting with. If my watch vibrates and I glance down, chances are they haven't seen it as me breaking my attention away from them for something that could be trivial (what? More surfing squirrel video from my wife?). If there's an alert sound that I immediately react to, people tend to notice.

I've found that I get most of my notifications. Sure, sometimes I miss one or two, but it's much better than when I just relied on my Smartphone. Setting to vibrate or silent in a meeting I would constantly miss information. In some cases, things I wished I known about a half hour sooner sat idle while I was blissfully unaware.

Good point... lol@surfing squirrel..... heh And yes, we are Pavlov's dog...the notification bell rings and we salivate. :-/

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried "dynamic notifications"? Displays on screen with minimal battery drain

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I hear ya. I'm trying to temper my frustration at lack of customization with patience. Add to that that @samsungsupport can't figure out why my S3 running 4.3 shows as not compatible with the gear manager.... on top of THAT, all the people complaining about the limited app options when I can't even see ANY!... But I digress.

As many members have stated, it's only been out a week and a half. Support should/will be coming soon. I, too, wish that at least some of the purported apps would be available at launch. Stuck between impatience with progress and the joy of being "one of the first owners". <sigh>

Hufza

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I want:
- notifications count
- pedometer status
- next upcoming event

on my home screen... And the clock, of course! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty