Macintosh

Batman8888

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone found a way to connect a Gear 2 to a Mac for file transferring? On that same note, how about a file manager on the Gear 2 to move files around, copy, paste, rename, etc. right on the watch?

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
what have u tried so far? I've got a Mac in the house but haven't tried it, as I'm primarily a PC guy (bought the Mac for the wife)

Last edited:

JacksonEdwardHarrison

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone found a way to connect a Gear 2 to a Mac for file transferring? On that same note, how about a file manager on the Gear 2 to move files around, copy, paste, rename, etc. right on the watch?

I'll refer you to an earlier thread, but not sure if it has your answer. If you are trying to transfer music, see the tip dated 4.17.14. Hopefully others will respond with more. Good luck to you! http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-gear-2-gear-2-neo/379773-transfer-files-neo-mac.html

Batman8888

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the responses guys. I have already enabled "USB Debugging" on the Gear 2, already have Android File Transfer (AFT), installed the latest Kies for Mac (which hopefully updated my Samsung drivers if necessary) and still...every time I plug the Gear 2 into my MacBook Pro, AFT starts to run but then gives me the error "Could Not Connect To Device".

I'd like to be able to transfer files back and forth whenever I want. Right now I'm trying to copy over files for Multi-Watch into my Gear 2 "download" folder, but can't since the Mac won't show the Gear 2. I'd also like to drag and drop mp3 files, maybe even play with small video files if possible.

P.S. - Thanks JacksonEdwardHarris for your help in my other post as well.

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I couldn't get my Mac to work either, it said not enough memory through the kies app. I found a video that said to put the music on my phone then transfer it through the gear app - my apps - music player settings - send tracks to gear. That worked..

Batman8888

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
The problem I have is that I need to put these particular files into a certain directory on the Gear 2, so there seems to be no other way than to mount it via USB which doesn't work.