push notifications?

zeppo2k

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I got my gear 2 yesterday, where the hell do I find the options for the push notifications update frequency? My watch gets notifications an hour later and I remember seeing the options screen for it but not sure where to find it again.

Posted via Android Central App

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
on phone>gear manager>Notifications>list of apps that notifications can be set for.

i know of no frequency setting.

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
on phone>gear manager>Notifications>list of apps that notifications can be set for.

i know of no frequency setting.

Actually there are for some. If you go into the Gear Manager and then into My Apps, some of them will have the settings wheel to the right of the name. The weather app for instance does in fact have a frequency of update. Otherwise, notifications are typically received at the same time your phone gets it (if your email is push, it will also push to your watch)

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
then I think you should have sympathy for me, as for my area the app has wrong info all the time. i tried it for many days and finally dumped it as it was a random number generator and didn't update even the bogus numbers on a timely and predictable basis.

I'll stick to Weatherbug on my phone to get somewhat reasonably up-to-date temp data. Not perfect, but at least an order of magnitude better than the app that goes with the watch.

Connie Litrenta

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
then I think you should have sympathy for me, as for my area the app has wrong info all the time. i tried it for many days and finally dumped it as it was a random number generator and didn't update even the bogus numbers on a timely and predictable basis.

I'll stick to Weatherbug on my phone to get somewhat reasonably up-to-date temp data. Not perfect, but at least an order of magnitude better than the app that goes with the watch.

Maybe you should move. ;)

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Funny you should say that. We are considering moving to another state

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa