Gear s dead with no reason!!!

ciprianis37

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
i have a gear s white, brand new and after 3 weeks would not turn on!!!!!
last night had 5% battery, and in the morning it was off...i charged the watch in the car with an original samsung charger, but i did not see any charging logo...the dock battery charged fully and I assumed that the watch battery too!!
BUT IT WOULD NOT TURN ON!!!!!I TRIED ALL, BUT ALL METHODS THAT I COULD FIND....3 SECONDS HOLD, 10 SECONDS, 30 SECONDS...1 MINUTE ON POWER BUTTON, BUT NOTHING HAPPENED!!!!!miraculously, by himself turned on, when it was on my wrist, and i saw the battery 100% charged, i navigate on a few screens to see if it is ok, and then I was doing my regulary stuff.....
AFTER A FEW MINUTES IT WAS OFF AGAIN, AND SINCE.....NEVER BACK ON!
i tried again many methods...nothing worked....the dock is fully charged, thw fone does not turn on anymore.....SO IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE I CAN DO OR.....SERVICE???

ciprianis37

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
that is what i am doing!!
samsung tried to say that i needed some other papers to confirm waranty, but i raised my voice a little and the will use the papers that allready gaved me....
once again they showed weakness and poor customer care.......

Deucesjack

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
Same thing happened to me. Tired everything to get it to boot up. Car charge, wall charger, different charging bricks and wires, I even tried the laptop trick, nothing. Watch was bricked and wouldnt turn on. Samsung claimed it was a software issue. Sent it back and the turn around time was about 7 days. Their customer service is basically non existent. I love the watch and Samsung products but their support sucks. Now ever since the gear s update battery life has been extremely erratic. Sometimes I get a day and a half sometimes 10 hours one time watch went from 100% to 0% in 3 hours. Did a factory reset and that helped a bit but not much.

MedicD

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Are we expecting a new update soon? The erratic battery sounds familiar, sometimes I can go 2 full days, other times less than 16 hours

Deucesjack

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
You have to call them and insist on being transferred to the executive offices. They will next day air your watch to their service center and next day air it back if you ***** hard enough. All and all the turn around time is 4-6 days but way better than the 11-13 days I was quoted. Do not I repeat do not speak with the customer service employees. They are not real Samsung employees. Samsung farms this out to a totally different company. They are morons that just spew the company lines at you. Make sure you ask to speak with the executive offices and specifically to a Samsung employee, you will get much better service but the service over all will still suck because well its Samsung not Apple we are talking about here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty