Gear S turns itself off

ScKalbe

Banned
May 9, 2013
Visit site
I have a gear S and use it with a note 8. My Gear S will turn itself off at least once a day now and it does not have a dead battery when it does so. I have reset it using both methods about 5 times. Does anyone have any other suggestions on how I can fix this or is it time to ditch it and get a different smartwatch? Thanks

naimmkassim

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
I have a gear s previously before i change to gear s3. Its fail on me when the touch screen started not to response to touch and to repair it by changing new display is very expensive.

Before display issue, i have a problem with my gear s where its turn of by it self. Although the battery show no dead (with higher % juice its still have) when i turn its ON back. But i suspect the battery is the problem since gear s during that time i already own about 2 1/2 years.

I purchase a new battery online from ebay, very cheap. And change the battery by myself after learn how to do it from you tube.

Result is very2 good. Gear s no more turn off by its self until 3 month later, the display problem happen..lol

ScKalbe

Banned
May 9, 2013
Visit site
I bought the watch re-conditioned, so it could be battery related. It only turns on when plugged in, so that sounds like that could be it. I will look into getting a new battery for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87