"Secret" Messages app on the S2

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
We can reply to Notifications and use the Buddy app to start a text, but just found a "Messages" app that is different than those other two. It can be assigned to a double press of the home button.

Kinda cool, so check it out. Just wish that it showed up in Apps and could also be assigned to the App Shortcuts widget, and not just by double pressing home button.

Last edited:

djh2011

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I wonder why it is in there and not on the screen. Thanks for this. I was looking everywhere for the message app.

Posted via the Android Central App

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I think this is one of the apps that those not using a Galaxy phone don't see. I read the user manual today, and apparently there is also an email app, too that I don't have using a Nexus 5.

djh2011

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Weird. So I went in to the settings and made the double tap home for messages. From there, I can send a text using just watch via voice or tiny keyboard. But, when I get a text, I can't reply from the watch.

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I can reply from notifications with voice or keyboard, but agree that I don't receive texts into the Messages app, can only create them there (and in the Buddy app). I suspect, but can't confirm, that this may be the case for those not using a Galaxy phone. I bet people with Galaxy phones are receiving texts in the Messages app. Someone with a Galaxy, feel free to confirm.

ReggieReg72

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
Here is an example of the text bubble (full convo)... Also even if I reply from my phone it shows up in the messages app. 2148.jpg

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
So those not using Galaxy phones only see their own side of the conversation in the Messages app, and the Messages app is only accessible if you assign it as the double press on the Home button.

Still useful for texting people you text often, cause you can "leave" those people in the app, and quickly return to text them. People you text from the Buddy app also appear in the Messages app. Not ideal, but quite workable for texting to people after their text notification has disappeared or been deleted by you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo