Potential WARNING about upgrading to Android Wear 1.4 (or 1.5)

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I bought the LG Urbane 2nd Edition LTE last November, and ran into a problem with AW and particularly the Google Messenger app. Since the Urbane 2nd Edition LTE has a speaker, there was a unique version of AW created for people with that watch. Perhaps people with that watch (and other AW watches with speakers) are still utilizing a unique version, I'm not certain.

The issue is that since I installed that version of AW and subsequent updates, I can no longer reply to Google Messenger texts from my S2 with the version of Google Messenger released in December and beyond. When I tap the reply button, I get a "Check your phone." message, and no ability to actually reply.

The last known version of Google Messenger that still functions properly under AW 1.4 or 1.5 (for me) is 1.3.030. Luckily for me I backed up that APK, and can reinstall it any time I try a current version of Messenger from the play store.

Just an FYI for those who may purchase an AW watch with a speaker, but also have an S2. If others in my situation are not having problems with Google Messenger on their S2, I'd be happy to hear from you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non