S23 ultra notifications

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I about to do a factory reset on my phone. Ever since installing the beta, and now on the stable, there are two things that have been annoying me.

First is I can't reply to messages from the pop-up notification on FB messenger. I can type in the reply, but it says it sends but when I go into the app, it has never been sent.

Second is whenever I get an sms message on my galaxy watch 5 from Google messages, I get duplicate notifications on the watch. It's only the notification though.

I have combed through every setting to try and fix these issues. Uninstalling the app, clearing the Data and cache. I think the FB messenger bug is more annoying than the watch 5 notification thing. I think I could factory reset the watch and it might fix it. Since I migrated from the Pixel 7 pro to the S23 ultra without having to factory reset the watch. That probably had something to do with it.

But I never had either of these issues prior to installing the beta. I assumed that the stable build would fix them.

Come on Samsung. You can do better than this.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
It's very probable that the FB messenger issue is an app problem that will be fixed, more likely if you report it to them. Do you mean you are getting 2 notifications on your watch, or a notification on your phone and one on your wattch?

Have you tried all the normal stuff? Clearing cache, clearing data and uninstalling....

Last edited:
Reactions: Laura Knotek

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
It's very probable that the FB messenger issue is an app problem that will be fixed, more likely if you report it to them. Do you mean you are getting 2 notifications on your watch, or a notification on your phone and one on your wattch?

Have you tried all the normal stuff? Clearing cache, clearing data and uninstalling....
Yeah. I'm getting two notifications on my watch from Google messages. That's the only app that is doing it. I'll get one notification sound but in the pop up notification on the watch, the message will be repeated.