Got one!

CHRISALLEN3285

May 24, 2016
Visit site
OMG you ain't just whistling Dixie... I wouund up getting the LTE version, and all i can say is "wowza!!" Tizen is REALLY smooth, intuitive and pretty... I didn't realize HOW MUCH i hated Android Wear till i got this watch Sunday!

View attachment 246566

View attachment 246567

I've got a question for you. You said that you switched out the band because the silicone band was bulky. Is the band that you switched out magnetic? I ask because I have a disability called Cerebral Palsy and I have a real hard time putting watches on. I bought a band for the Gear S3 Frontier and it looks like the same band.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5576206

Is this the same band? Do you have the link to the metal mesh band on Amazon?

Last edited:

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I've got a question for you.....

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5576415

Is this the same band? Do you have the link to the metal mesh band on Amazon?

Hi Chris!

No, the one i have i got a while back ago and never used because it was sooooo hard to figure out, (AND it is NOT a magnetic closure like the one i had on my Apple Watch or the one in the link you provided) I finally DID figure it out on Sunday because i was sooooo determined to replace silicone watch on Gear S3...lol

BUT i would NOT recommend if your looking for a "simple clasp"... I will be getting the one you provided, MUCH easier, but even tho it shows "IN STOCK" says it will prolly arrive after Christmas,,(whats up w/ that?!) .. I can make do for now, but will definitely be looking for the "loop with Magnetic Closure....

BTC

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Tried a few more stores today and got the last one at the final T-Mobile store I visited..jumped my Gear S2 classic over to the Frontier LTE...bigger and nicer ������������

AND more RAM & equipped w/ MST , not just NFC for Samsung Pay!- 2 deal breakers for me : )

BTC

Last edited:

CHRISALLEN3285

May 24, 2016
Visit site

Hi Chris!

No, the one i have i got a while back ago and never used because it was sooooo hard to figure out, (AND it is NOT a magnetic closure like the one i had on my Apple Watch or the one in the link you provided) I finally DID figure it out on Sunday because i was sooooo determined to replace silicone watch on Gear S3...lol

BUT i would NOT recommend if your looking for a "simple clasp"... I will be getting the one you provided, MUCH easier, but even tho it shows "IN STOCK" says it will prolly arrive after Christmas,,(whats up w/ that?!) .. I can make do for now, but will definitely be looking for the "loop with Magnetic Closure....

BTC

Yes, I'm looking for a simple clasp. I just think it would be easier for me given my disability. My right wrist is bent and stays bent and I don't really have a lot of strength in my hand. Hopefully when I have wrist fusion surgery on December 14th it will fix that. I don't know whats up with that. I just happened to see it on Amazon and it looked a lot better than some of the other simple clasp bands that I've seen so I went ahead and bought it. I hope it works. I wish Samsung or any of these companies that sell bands for these watches sold bands specifically for people with disabilities.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Mine got delivered yesterday!! I was worried about how bulky it would be but it is not that bad. And I have a small, thin wrist.

Attachments

• IMG_20161123_081554~01.jpg
    IMG_20161123_081554~01.jpg
    692.3 KB · Views: 68

1000rrren

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Congrats to all who have the new s3... Can anyone tell me if the voice reminder function works. On my S2 this was not implemented and I always felt is should be. So instead to set a reminder for picking up milk next Tues I would have to say it to my phone. Can you now do this on the s3?

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Congrats to all who have the new s3... Can anyone tell me if the voice reminder function works. On my S2 this was not implemented and I always felt is should be. So instead to set a reminder for picking up milk next Tues I would have to say it to my phone. Can you now do this on the s3?

On the S3 I can click 'create reminder' and it will listen to my voice and then transcribe that to text for the reminder. It has an option for keyboard once you are in the create reminder. Is that what you are expecting?

Looks like I can also create a reminder entirely through svoice on the watch. "Hey Samsung, create reminder to pick up milk." .. transcribes and then asks me to save .. I say 'yes' (verbally) and the reminder is in my list of reminders as text.

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
you can request a google search by voice through svoice and the result will ask you to open your phone to see the results. so kind of half a search.

Kirk Maluo

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
On the S3 I can click 'create reminder' and it will listen to my voice and then transcribe that to text for the reminder. It has an option for keyboard once you are in the create reminder. Is that what you are expecting?

Looks like I can also create a reminder entirely through svoice on the watch. "Hey Samsung, create reminder to pick up milk." .. transcribes and then asks me to save .. I say 'yes' (verbally) and the reminder is in my list of reminders as text.
Alternately you can say reminders just like on Google Now.

"Hey Gear, remind me to 'do something' at 'time on date'.... Yes"

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
although I have to say I am still a huge google keep fan .. and will continue to be. Not expecting any integration between samsung reminders and keep so will have 2 sets. But, having the verbal stuff on the watch could be handy. (and then throw in google home, which adds another point for keep integration).

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
there's no obvious place on the phone where they'd go as far as I can tell. The reminder app info doesn't indicate anything about that and there's no obvious 'drawer' or app / sub-app for that content. There is a bit of a tricky setting to show notifications on the phone after they've appeared on the watch (sounds a bit circular) so there's a chance they could end up there if notified (e.g. set a time etc) however for reminders without a set time / date, that doesn't seem like it would pick them up. So my answer for now is 'no, they don't appear on the phone' however I'll play around with it to see if I can find any spot where they would. (which is why I like Keep so much since it's a good google app, integrates to calendar and did show reminders on wear).

roninksb

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I received my S3 Classic last night and set it up including adding 175 music tracks to the watch. I was using the S2.

Here are some of my initial impressions. I exercised some discipline and did not use the S3 right out of the box and charged it to 100% before turning it on. So far I am pretty confident in saying that the battery life is much better than the S2 and the overall navigation of the watch as well as the completion of various tasks is faster/more responsive. S Voice is still too slow. I am appreciating the various little polishes that the have done to the interface to make the experience more visually engaging. Heck, they even tweaked the vibration patterns.

I gotta say, I am loving this watch. Even the floor counting is working like a charm. I have not had a chance to try the GPS and I am not sure that I am going to use that much as I don't run much these days, so I cannot comment on if that effects battery life.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't get it. Why do you need a screen protector on a watch? I get why it might be wanted on a phone, it gets bumped around in pockets, scraped along rough surfaces, and otherwise exposed to a hostile environment. Granted a smartwatch is a device, but it's essentially a fashion accessory that's worn (not carried around) and the only thing touching the screen is your finger or a shirt sleeve. We don't put screen protectors on regular watches, and those can cost way more than $300.

It's really not necessary. I work outside and among heavy construction, in underground facilities, I climb utility poles, am around and in among heavy machinery and have had practically every smart watch ever made. Never have I had a screen protector and even though I have bumped them around not one of them got a scratch on the display. That being said some people absolutely have to have them if nothing else, for peace of mind.

JimmyMac

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Well finally got mine in today. I'm used to wearing a dive watch. When I my Gear I was slightly disappointed at how light weight this watch was in comparison. It feels like a toy watch. hehe I guess over time I'll get used to not having a brick attached to my wrist. Bezel turn is not as defined as I'm used to. I'd like to see the S4 with a tighter bezel with more defined "clicks" closer together. Other than that, I think I can get used to it. Now begins my long journey of playing with watch faces!

njblackberry

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Got my Gear S3 Frontier today. Very happy with it so far. I knew the size (and weight) before I purchased it, so no problem there. Just figuring out all that it can do!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez