2nd batch of Samsung Gear S3 fixed the bezel issue.

ti147

Dec 10, 2016
Visit site
My Gear S3 came today in the mail, and the ticking sound when you tapping the bezel is gone, looks like Samsung really listened to their customers.

ti147

Dec 10, 2016
Visit site
awww man... what about us with the sound

I even noticed the sound when you rotate the bezel has significantly decreased, which means the gap between the metal plates is reduced to get rid of that ticking noise when tapping and ticking sound when rotating

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. My Gear S3 Frontier LTE is most likely a first batch release being I received when first released. So is this considered a defect?

tntsniper#CB

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Can someone post a video with the sound you're discussing? Mine has to be from the first batches (got it December 1st). I have no issues, no sound, nothing.

ti147

Dec 10, 2016
Visit site
Can someone post a video with the sound you're discussing? Mine has to be from the first batches (got it December 1st). I have no issues, no sound, nothing.

here's the video where he mentioned about the noise, it happened to all Gear S3 imo, I did have a Gear S3 from the 1st batch and I have the same ticking noise as well. It's not a defect, btw

just_luc

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I like the sound personally. I was always one to tap a beat on my glass watch faces.. Can't really do that on a smartwatch but I can tap on the bezel..

Cam Mayor

Feb 24, 2017
Visit site
I have had two watches bought within a week apart. The first was from Best Buy Canada which I discovered didn't have Samsung Pay so I returned it. It had a nice tight bezel. The next day I ordered one from B&H Photo out of the US with Samsung Pay on it. I immediately noticed the looser bezel. Kind of disappointing as it does make the watch feel cheaper on my wrist, seems small but it somehow really matters to me.

clewcrew

Mar 20, 2017
Visit site
I called Samsung's support and explained my bezel dial is now "loose". I can move it slightly left or right and the dial makes a tapping.

Here is the kicker: the selection dial is NOT WARRANTED. I had to submit an exception along with a bunch of pictures to show there is NO PHYSICAL DAMAGE to the Samsung Gear S3 Frontier (which I bought from AT&T in January, 2017. I debated with the call screener stated this was a core functional component of the S3 and why wouldn't it be under warranty? She did not have an answer.

I have now submitted my claim exception to Samsung (by the way, my device is registered, but the serial number of the watch is not what they want - the IMEI number instead). I could not submit the claim online - had to make a call.

I hope Samsung covers the watch. I have never dropped it. Even if I have bumped it or something else (as that is possible), are you kidding me that this product is so flimsy and Samsung knows it, hence the dial bezel not warranted (my "warranty" expires on March 2018).

Great watch otherwise, but if Samsung doesn't warrant the watch, I will go on a personal Social Media campaign to provide reviews to help others avoid buying the S3 - and will sell mine. Too bad, it is the best looking watch on the market.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I called Samsung's support and explained my bezel dial is now "loose". I can move it slightly left or right and the dial makes a tapping.

Here is the kicker: the selection dial is NOT WARRANTED. I had to submit an exception along with a bunch of pictures to show there is NO PHYSICAL DAMAGE to the Samsung Gear S3 Frontier (which I bought from AT&T in January, 2017. I debated with the call screener stated this was a core functional component of the S3 and why wouldn't it be under warranty? She did not have an answer.

I have now submitted my claim exception to Samsung (by the way, my device is registered, but the serial number of the watch is not what they want - the IMEI number instead). I could not submit the claim online - had to make a call.

I hope Samsung covers the watch. I have never dropped it. Even if I have bumped it or something else (as that is possible), are you kidding me that this product is so flimsy and Samsung knows it, hence the dial bezel not warranted (my "warranty" expires on March 2018).

Great watch otherwise, but if Samsung doesn't warrant the watch, I will go on a personal Social Media campaign to provide reviews to help others avoid buying the S3 - and will sell mine. Too bad, it is the best looking watch on the market.

Did you try going thru AT&T? Whenever I've had issues with a device from them that has a service contract attached they have swapped it out as long as I've been within the warranty period. They even do an advanced exchange and send you a box to return the defective unit.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty