Email + Messages Syncing Issue between S3 Frontier & S7 Phone

left4dead

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to get the S3 Frontier (non-LTE) and the S7 phone to sync the email and the message apps with each other?

For example when I receive an email (and I receive a notification on the watch and the phone).... But when I delete the email on the phone, it still there in my inbox on my watch.

Once deleted from the phone, shouldn't it also be deleted from the watch?

Is this a settings issue?

left4dead

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else have this issue??? It's driving nuts.

I received 3 emails this morning and deleted them from my S7 phone but on my S3 Frontier it still shows that I have 3 unread emails in my inbox.

How can I fix this lack of syncing issue please??? Thanks

shawnreum

Banned
Feb 1, 2017
Visit site
Anyone else have this issue??? It's driving nuts.

I received 3 emails this morning and deleted them from my S7 phone but on my S3 Frontier it still shows that I have 3 unread emails in my inbox.

How can I fix this lack of syncing issue please??? Thanks
I've seen it happen.
The message is stuck in the watches notifications when its happened to me.
Usually backing out of notifications on the watch makes it clear.

left4dead

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
When you delete a text message on your phone device, is it also supposed to delete that same text message on the S3 Gear watch too or do you need to delete that independently?

p1eric

May 17, 2010
Visit site
When you delete a text message on your phone device, is it also supposed to delete that same text message on the S3 Gear watch too or do you need to delete that independently?

I confirmed that if I read a text on my device then it does dismiss the notification on the watch. That is using the stock message app on my S7. Are you using the stock Samsung email app?

left4dead

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I confirmed that if I read a text on my device then it does dismiss the notification on the watch. That is using the stock message app on my S7. Are you using the stock Samsung email app?

Yes using the stock Samsung text app and email app. What if you DELETE a text message on your device, is it also being deleted on the S3 watch too or is it still there?

p1eric

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yes using the stock Samsung text app and email app. What if you DELETE a text message on your device, is it also being deleted on the S3 watch too or is it still there?

This is a strange use case since by opening the SMS app to delete the message it will first mark it as Read. However I was able to receive a text, verify that the notification showed on my watch and then delete the entire conversation on the phone and that DID clear the watch notification.

left4dead

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm not talking about the notification (because it clears on mine too when checked on the phone) - but I'm talking about the actual text message conversation. When you delete a message from your phone....is the message also deleted on the text message app on the S3 watch?

p1eric

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm not talking about the notification (because it clears on mine too when checked on the phone) - but I'm talking about the actual text message conversation. When you delete a message from your phone....is the message also deleted on the text message app on the S3 watch?

I checked and NO the message stays on the watch after deleted from the phone.

shawnreum

Banned
Feb 1, 2017
Visit site
No.....the new message icon remains in the gear until you open to dismiss it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699