notification pop-ups

Jeff Allen1

May 28, 2013
Visit site
When I get a notification, I want my watch to vibrate but I don't want the watch to light up and I certainly don't want the notification to display immediately. I had my Gear S3 setup like this a while ago but I can't figure out how to revert to that setting.

In Phone Gear Settings, I have "Turn on Screen" and "Auto show details" disabled.

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Do you have Always On turned on? Is Notification Indicator turned on? Is Wake-Up Gesture turned on?

Also go to your phone and open the Gear app. Go to Settings, Notifications and ensure that Turn On Screen button is turned off.

Last edited:

Jeff Allen1

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Wow, someone finally responded!

From my original post "In Phone Gear Settings, I have "Turn on Screen" and "Auto show details" disabled."

I don't see what the "Wake Up Gesture", "Notification Indicator", "Always On" features have to do with this question but, they are all on.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Wow, someone finally responded!

From my original post "In Phone Gear Settings, I have "Turn on Screen" and "Auto show details" disabled."

I don't see what the "Wake Up Gesture", "Notification Indicator", "Always On" features have to do with this question but, they are all on.

I have those same three settings enabled, though it contradicts your first post where you say you don't want the screen to light up, but you have Always On enable?

Either way, as long as the screen is in "Timeout," my watch won't show anything about a notification unless I lift my wrist and look at the watch face. (Wake Up Gesture). Perhaps you are inadvertently waking up the watch which causes it to display the notification? Try turning off Wake Up Gesture.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez