Battery drain on my s3 frontier smart watch

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My battery is only lasting about a day and I don’t do anything unusual with it. I don’t use it for calls or anything I really only use it for the time, health tracking and I get notifications on it.
When I check the battery usage it shows the music player being the top user at 37% of usage. The thing is I don’t use the music player and I don’t see any way of removing it to see if that would fix my problem.
Does anyone know how to remove the music player or disable it at least?

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
Hope you tried restarting the watch. Also see if on your phone if the music player is listed under battery consuming apps.

crawfpm

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
One day last week, the Gallery App was the top user at over 40% and I have NEVER used that app on my watch. Another day, it was Samsung Health and again, didn't use it (except to count steps and floors, all other stuff is turned off). VERY weird.

anon(463177)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Here's what I do with my TMob LTE Frontier S3. I live in a rural area and cell service is spotty. Around the house (I get service) where my phone is available I turn off the Mobile Data and use the phone for email and such. This stops email and some other things that use the net from running the battery down. Also, when I know I'm leaving the area, I switch to Airplane mode and turn that off when I'm back to civilization. Lat I turn Location off. This usually gives me battery remaining at around 40-60% with turning it on at 0600 and off at 2300 and moderate use. I exercise and use SHealth, so that uses battery and location comes on automatically when I use it. Stops when I'm finished. I have NEVER gotten more than that for battery at the end of the day, even when I lived in a large city. Those who are getting 2+ days are not LTE and are pretty light users is my guess.

Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I recently did a warranty excange with T-Mobile. My original GS3 - purchased on launch day - was getting between 8 and 12 hours of battery life.

With the new GS3 I'm currently getting 2-3 days between charges. There is a huge difference between the original GS3 and those recently produced when it comes to battery.
245fd48d2fb50385811601e6b55f4987.jpg

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
My battery is only lasting about a day and I don’t do anything unusual with it. I don’t use it for calls or anything I really only use it for the time, health tracking and I get notifications on it.
When I check the battery usage it shows the music player being the top user at 37% of usage. The thing is I don’t use the music player and I don’t see any way of removing it to see if that would fix my problem.
Does anyone know how to remove the music player or disable it at least?

On your watch, how often do you go to Recent Apps and select "Close All"? I don't know if it will help, but give it a try and see if it helps.

crawfpm

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
I ended up sending my watch into Samsung for service and got a new battery installed ($70 service charge) and watch is like new again on battery life.

nrfitchett4

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I recently did a warranty excange with T-Mobile. My original GS3 - purchased on launch day - was getting between 8 and 12 hours of battery life.

With the new GS3 I'm currently getting 2-3 days between charges. There is a huge difference between the original GS3 and those recently produced when it comes to battery. //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180821/245fd48d2fb50385811601e6b55f4987.jpg

Just picked one up last night from AT&T and battery life is pretty poor. I'll give e it a few days and see if it improves.

crawfpm

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
Yeah but wanted to make sure watch was still water proof. Safe than Sorry type thought process. I have wrecked a watch before cause I did not get seal back in the proper way.