How to disable Galaxy Gear charging screensaver

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

In the newest update that brings one UI to Galaxy gear, (in my case gear s3 frontier) there is a screensaver of a lightning bolt on the watch screen while it is charging. I would love to turn this off as to increase screen lifetime, and I don't really like how it looks.

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I think you're worrying about an issue that won't exist. I think you'll wear the watch out before the screen goes out. It's a tiny lightening bolt on a black screen. How much impact can it be on the screen...

Keith Gilbert

Jun 1, 2019
Visit site
I'd love to disable this too, it gets annoying at night in a dark room, it is bright enough that I'm having to cover it up to stop it!

There must be a way of disabling this icon in the settings? I've tried looking but can't seem to find it!

Keith.

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Charge it in the evening before you go to bed. You guys aren't wearing your watch track your sleep, so just throw it on the charger in the evening. Take it off the charger when it's charged and lay it on your night stand when you go to bed.

Cerbyn

Jun 3, 2019
Visit site
The only solution I've found is to turn the watch off while I chatge it. I tried everything else to stop the bright flashing white light but nothing else worked.

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
You can also dim the screen on your watch. My screen is on 5 and the lightening bolt is not all that bright.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress