Can I root and then go back to "stock" build?

dr_gibberish

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I have been having trouble understanding this and I apologize if this addressed elsewhere.

I am strongly considering using Zefie's kernel due to a number of issues I am having with the stock CL14 version. However, I am concerned that I will not be able to use the standard 2.1 version when it comes out. Does anyone know if that will be difficult to do?

I am especially concerned as rumors are suggesting the update may be out next week. If that is not the case though, I would really like to see if the alternate firmware clears up some of the problems I am having. Thanks in advance for any advice.

dr_gibberish

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Just FYI, I have done this already. I updated to Zefie's kernal, played around with the settings a bit and then installed some software that totally screwed up the phone. (Phone was stuck in endless reboot cycle.) I tried reinstalling Zefie's kernal but it would not work. So (after appropriate panic) I reinstalled the stock kernal (no problem) and then reinstalled Zefie's kernal from there. HOWEVER, reinstalling the original kernal does wipe ALL your programs and settings.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty