Is There a Spare Battery Charger for The Moment?

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
I had seen a thread on this but for the life of me cant find it now, but I have been looking for a spare battery charger for my moment.
I ordered a spare battery from cellphoneshop and the one they sent me was a i900 which was listed for the moment and it does fit the phone but it will not charge up in the phone.
When I plug the charger in it says it isn't an approved battery. Here is a picture of it.
IMG_0364.jpg

I don't mind using this battery if I can find a desktop charger for it and from the thread listed below these batteries are compatible for the moment,

http://forum.androidcentral.com/samsung-moment/1116-samsung-moment-battery-life-5.html#post24111

so does anyone know for sure that either of these batteries will work?

Also, the i900 battery is only a 900mAh and the standard battery for the moment is 1400 mAh so that concerned me too,
I am about to order a desktop charger for one of these batteries and just wanted an opinion from someone who might already have one of these and if they will in fact fit the moment and also charge up in the phone itself.
I just wanted the spare battery charger so I can keep a spare ready to go without putting it in the phone to charge.

Last edited:

jeremylobaugh

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
The following devices use the same battery, the 1440mAh Li-Ion pack.

Samsung Code SCH-i200 SCH-i220
Samsung Propel Pro SGH-i627
Samsung Instinct HD SPH-M850
Samsung Moment SPH-M900
Samsung Behold 2 SGH-T939

A search reveals an extended battery(Mugen 2600mAh) for the instinct HD, but there is obviously no battery door for the Moment at the present time that will fit with such a large battery. But there is hope for a beefier battery for the Moment.

I have seen around the interwebs that there is a stand charger for the blackjack 2 (whose battery has extremely similar dimensions to the one in the moment) has a spot in the back to charge a 2nd battery, it appears that you can pick one up on the cheap. If you were adventurous you could replace the dongle with a micro USB one and fab something to hold your moment in the charger(fiberglass?)

sakura88

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
I bought a Nokia Travel Charger a month ago from a website store, This charger fits for mobile phone, Nokia ( DC 2.0, 3.0 ), Motorola ( 5 pin ), MP3, MP4, PDA, GPS, Camera, etc. there is a English version user manual, so it is easy to use it.

cwildman347

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
Go to ebay... Search Samnsung m900 there are a few there. I think they will only charge the spare battery. I dont think you can charge the phone and spare at the same time.

jeremylobaugh

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

all of the links you posted are useless since the items were purchased

I did see a few standalone battery chargers on ebay for about 2 bucks with 6 dollar shipping...straight out of Hong Kong...you get what you pay for

NWDN

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
Not Approved Battery

Did you ever find out what that "error" was for/from? I haven't touched my battery since buying the phone a few months ago and I randomly am getting that "error" now. I use quotes on "error" because if you notice, there are grammatical mistakes in the "error" so I question whether it's an actual "error" or some kind of ...virus? I can't find anything else on the web about this so if I don't get a response here I suppose I'll take my fone into Sprint.. which will be fantastic I'm sure.

I had seen a thread on this but for the life of me cant find it now, but I have been looking for a spare battery charger for my moment.
I ordered a spare battery from cellphoneshop and the one they sent me was a i900 which was listed for the moment and it does fit the phone but it will not charge up in the phone.
When I plug the charger in it says it isn't an approved battery. Here is a picture of it.
IMG_0364.jpg

I don't mind using this battery if I can find a desktop charger for it and from the thread listed below these batteries are compatible for the moment,

http://forum.androidcentral.com/samsung-moment/1116-samsung-moment-battery-life-5.html#post24111

so does anyone know for sure that either of these batteries will work?

Also, the i900 battery is only a 900mAh and the standard battery for the moment is 1400 mAh so that concerned me too,
I am about to order a desktop charger for one of these batteries and just wanted an opinion from someone who might already have one of these and if they will in fact fit the moment and also charge up in the phone itself.
I just wanted the spare battery charger so I can keep a spare ready to go without putting it in the phone to charge.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non