Where Samsung Pay didn't work for you.

Stake

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I've had issues with a few terminals. Target and some other iPad POS terminals. It seems like older units work best. I'll need to try at Target again. I wonder if there's something to the Target inconsistency.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
So far no problems here. Been using it for everything now, even at Starbucks and one mobile card reader (I believe it's Square's? Not sure). Still amazed by people's reactions when a phone works on their payment terminals.

Myronmack

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
It's been working well, kinda figured it out that terminals that don't have the reader in front of you are a hit or miss

Posted via the Android Central App

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I just used it at Target today no problem...their card readers are kinda weird though, you have to move the phone around the card strip but it should work

Sent from my Asus Zenphone 2!

JohnnyK60

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Yes sweet tomatoes went through but could not process it. That was my issue. It's not going to work at 100% if all the stores in the world they even stated that. This thread can be liked at as helpful for others who may be unable to use it at a store but someone else used it therfore we are helping them out, seems basically it is user error most of the time and then there are rare occasions where it just won't work.

I had a failure the other day at a mom and pop take out teriyaki joint; the terminal was a small VeriFone unit that appeared to be using some sort of Chase software. I tried tapping the card swipe area three times before having to give up and use an actual card. The Korean owner, friendly with limited English, seemed as disappointed as I was. I believe I have seen something from Samsung saying that they only believe there is an actual 90% success rate in bypassing swiping.

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
At subway sandwiches today my us bank debit failed so I used citibank credit card and it worked.

My first time at Subway it didn't work so u used it as NFC but the second time it went through smoothly. It is funny sometimes it might not work but once u get it to work it usually works all the time at that location. I am in old Town in Colorado and was able to use it 1 out of 3. The bad instance said "swipe card" the cashier was Kool kept telling me try it again. Bit it never worked.Both were disappointed.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Most of the time when it 'doesn't work' you just have to move the phone a bit to find where the reader is. Just like wireless chargers, sometimes you just have to find that 'sweet spot'. On newer readers, however, there shouldn't be an issue with just placing it on top.

r56mcs

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
Mine was the app issue. When I put fingerprint for us bank debit, a window popped up saying try again later. But when I fingerprinted the other card (citi credit) it started pulsing so I paid via mst

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I had weird experience today. I got a time out on the cashiers end but when I look at the notification it showed the transaction was cancelled. I knew the cashier was canceling the transaction because it was over a minute. Granted this was at Coors Brewery on a tour.

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Most of the time when it 'doesn't work' you just have to move the phone a bit to find where the reader is. Just like wireless chargers, sometimes you just have to find that 'sweet spot'. On newer readers, however, there shouldn't be an issue with just placing it on top.

I did that numerous times we kept hearing a beep but nothing. Not disappointing bc they said "Samsung" that is that this could work virtually everywhere.

r56mcs

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
Now I frequently experience where the card just doesn't want to pull up when I swipe up with my finger.

My dry finger has something to do with it probably.

jhisey

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
I was so excited waiting for Samsung Pay and now that I have it, I haven't had any luck. I've tried at Lowe's, Publix, Bath and Body Works, and Chick-fil-a. They all recognized some sort of MST but they all gave some kind of error and would not work. I've only tried American Express cards so far because all my Visa/MC are Chase, which isn't supported yet.

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Now I frequently experience where the card just doesn't want to pull up when I swipe up with my finger.
Up
My dry finger has something to do with it probably.

I had that problem one time as well. I had to go directly into the app to do the transaction. What I did next was to reset my phone and keep swiping it up over and over and haven't had the problem since. I don't think it was your dry finger. Just a simple glitch. I don't think it'll become to serious of an issue. I have the edge+,so I added it to my fav so I don't have to search for the app if it happens again.

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I was so excited waiting for Samsung Pay and now that I have it, I haven't had any luck. I've tried at Lowe's, Publix, Bath and Body Works, and Chick-fil-a. They all recognized some sort of MST but they all gave some kind of error and would not work. I've only tried American Express cards so far because all my Visa/MC are Chase, which isn't supported yet.

Have they completed the transaction? I don't know if you tried this but I hold it sometimes to the reader and it works. Can u video it so we can see bc it should work. Go find a McDonald's and try it order some fries for me. If it doesn't work there then you might be holding it incorrectly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress