Costco Citi Visa Samsung Pay Support?

inknpaper

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
I have slightly different issue. My card loaded fine and I can use it with Samsung Pay, but I don't get the alert that a payment was made. (Yes, notifications are turned on.) The app also shows no transactions in the history, even though I've successfully made at least a dozen. Any ideas?

coolesnce

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I been using mine Since June 27th successfully with Samsung pay, then all of the sudden I got a notification 2 weeks ago that it has been deactivated. Now when I try to re-enroll it I get "Connection error, Failed to connect to server. Try Again Later" Its been like that for the past 2 weeks. Anyone experience this and been able to find a solution?

jexx

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
I have slightly different issue. My card loaded fine and I can use it with Samsung Pay, but I don't get the alert that a payment was made. (Yes, notifications are turned on.) The app also shows no transactions in the history, even though I've successfully made at least a dozen. Any ideas?

Might want to call the card issuer...If you already haven't ?

coolesnce

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have and they keep trying to refer me to Samsung and even stated that the S6 is not eligible for Samsung pay which we all no is incorrect..lol

jexx

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
I have and they keep trying to refer me to Samsung and even stated that the S6 is not eligible for Samsung pay which we all no is incorrect..lol

Obviously they, the card issuer is uneducated. Did you give Samsung SP a call or communicate about this yet?

coolesnce

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Obviously they, the card issuer is uneducated. Did you give Samsung SP a call or communicate about this yet?

I haven't reached out to Samsung yet as usually this is typically a fraud lock/ hold on the account. After 2 hrs with CITI and numerous departments, even the Fraud department to release any holds and locks I am still getting an error message. Unless someone has figured out the resolution next step is to call Samsung pay, but after 2 hrs on the phone w/ no resolution ill probably save that call for another day lol

coolesnce

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Update..after clearing Samsung pay cache and data they uninstalling I tried again and got the same error, but after the 3rd try it took, now it's saying to call the CITI to verify account to activate. another 2 hrs later and getting the run around and no one has been able to assist. CITI definitely needs to get their act together, especially when a response is, "What's a Samsung Pay?

harlenm#AC

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm thoroughly pissed at citibank. Between Samsung pay not working, them not sending me a statement, and then charging me interest on my previous balance with Amex (even though I was never able to pay it since they took over), I'm done with the card.

Will keep it until next Feb when I can cash in my reward, then it's getting put through the shredder. I've never had this many issues on 1 credit card before.

bevege

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
So I was getting the card cannot be registered error. The process would proceed normally but then come back "card cannot be registered blah, blah blah.

I was paying bills today and decided to call and complain. Here's how I was able to get mine fixed. The problem was on Citibank's end. Apparently, sometimes your card gets mark inactive in their system even though you can still use the card, It's a glitch. Call the number on the back of the card and then ask for tech support. Tell them to make sure the card is marked active in their system. If not tell them to activate it. Once they do that, you'll be able to register your costco citibank card with samsung pay immediately. It's not samsung and it's not you!. Hopefully this will save someone an hour on the phone with Citi. Your welcome.

BTW, from what I understand no business cards are supported from any bank on samsung pay. I have 3 chase business cards and none of them work. My chase business debit card works but none of the credit cards. Not 100 pecent sure but that's what chase told me.

Do not confuse costco business membership with an actual business credit card. If your card says business on the back that just means you have a costco business membership, not a business credit card. I don't think Citi offers a costco business credit card. Don't quote me on this.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmax36884