Samsung pay is horrible.

A

AC Question

Samsung pay is horrible. I have forgotten my phone more than my wallet. Wallet has cards that you are expected to have all of the time. Samsung pay just makes an already "bloatware" bloated phone more so. I paid for the phone and pay for data subscription I should be able to take the spyware off.

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
re:

Most people I've seen from the us use samsung pay and almost praise it's use as it's much more convenient than having a bulky wallet in your pockets+ it's not spyware though there's no way of disabling it with stock software. I for one would love to try it but it's not really available in canada yet, if you really wanna get rid of it the easiest method i know is using package disabler pro from the playstore. Otherwise you're probably gonna have to root or clear it's cache and not ever use it.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
re:

You CAN choose not to use it! Same goes for Android Pay and Apple Pay. I agree some folks prefer tradition credit cards. Others like the convenience of paying with our phones. There's room on the boat for all! :)

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
What phone are you referring to? Best as I remember, it seems like I had to download Samsung Pay. And please give it a try before you complain about it. Otherwise you are making an unfounded comment.

billsterjito

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I just wish there were more options for Samsung pay in Canada. One Bank is on board right now and unfortunately I don't Bank with them.
Hopefully the Canuck institutions get on board soon.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Android Pay might be more widely support and your Samsung phone should support it also. :) (And of course for the Apple folks we got Apple Pay)

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Android Pay might be more widely support and your Samsung phone should support it also. :) (And of course for the Apple folks we got Apple Pay)
Android pay and apple pay might support more banks but isn't it for credit cards only? Also only samsung pay allows it's use at ANY terminal wether it supports wireless or not. Unfortunately like someone said previously in canada 1 bank is supported only at the moment which is kinda sad imo.

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Not exactly sure this is what you meant, but Samsung Pay supports debit cards as well as many 'store' and membership (AARP, Walgreens, etc) cards.

Not in canada they support 1 bank,i do know they support credit and debit cards but in canada you need to have an account with a single specific bank to use samsung pay.

What i meant is exactly what you said samsung pay supports more than apple and android pay
Also the whole point of paying with your mobile is well..... to pay.Using it for membership is kinda useless imo

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
If I could empty my wallet of cards entirely it would be worth using Android Pay however some places still don't take it so I need to carry the card. Since I have to carry the card why bother with Android Pay? Then I have 2 ATM debit cards and I would still need to carry them right? Then I have 6 store membership cards I still have to carry. Now if Android Pay could take care of ALL of these things and work everywhere I'd certainly use it!

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Not if the membership cards are used for discounts, as are AARP and Walgreens :) Otherwise, I'd agree, but if you're going for the thin wallet concept, being able to load other cards makes sense.

I totally agree it's a nice convenient feature to have but canada dosen't have walgreens (at least not in my province) and i have no idea what's AARP , the only options we have over here is best buy reward card (which i never go to because i hate that store lolz) and canadian tire reward card which i barely ever go to and have a keychain card for it so for MOST canadian users it's a bit useless at the moment.

NB : there is more reward style options (starbucks is a good example) but most of these place not everyone goes or have access to unfortunately.

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
If I could empty my wallet of cards entirely it would be worth using Android Pay however some places still don't take it so I need to carry the card. Since I have to carry the card why bother with Android Pay? Then I have 2 ATM debit cards and I would still need to carry them right? Then I have 6 store membership cards I still have to carry. Now if Android Pay could take care of ALL of these things and work everywhere I'd certainly use it!

I've been using Samsung Pay for about 18 months, and I've given up carrying a wallet.
Credit cards: All in Samsung Pay, which I use for 95% of my transactions
ATM card: Don't need it, since Wells Fargo enabled app-based access to ATMs
Health insurance card: It's in the insurance company's app
Loyalty cards/membership cards: In Samsung Pay

Instead of a wallet, I have a little elastic pouch attached to the back of my phone where I carry my driver's license, a credit card (for restaurants, mainly), and a $20 (you never know.)

I would bet in the next 5-10 years, I'll be able to give up my license and the extra credit card. Many states are testing electronic licenses, so I probably won't need a hard copy. And, restaurants are already starting to catch on to electronic payments, which are bound to grow.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo