Visit site
20120105235226.png

By joshuadunkin at 2012-01-05

sorry its sideways. only way it would show the whole thing

Reactions: drose4

GPOT

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone rooted this thing yet? Its killing me, I have tryed 30 different exploits and all of them fail.

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Thank you everyone for confirming the update file works for you, and thanks to derrtydunk for posting a screen shot before I had the chance to when I got home.

I haven't had success rooting either, and I've only used a one-click solution once (SuperOneClick). I've done them manually every time from cmd + adb, and also while in recovery mode. It's safe to assume we'll need to some real devs to work on this.

anon(335536)

May 27, 2011
Visit site
NO luck rooting here either. I've been working with some real devs to try different exploits, so far with no luck. The issue seems to be some directories on this thing are now locked down much tighter which is making issues with the exploits.

And yes to a previous question - I have tried using ADB to exercise some exploits, all with no luck.

tentonbricks

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Has your brother gotten the update yet

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but if you could PLEASE stop nagging about whether the OTA has happened for anyone else yet, I would greatly appreciate it.

It may take as long as ten days, so don't get worried until after ten days have passed. If you're so eager to get it before the ten days has elapsed, use firehak's file he posted and update manually. It's safe, and you won't have to wait the ten days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa