samsung replenish getting gingerbread update

brokebassoon

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Help! I just got the Gingerbread update for my Replenish this morning, and after installing it the phone won't restart... it just gets stuck on the Samsung logo screen, vibrates a couple times, goes blank for half a second and shows the Samsung logo again (over and over). I'm not rooted or anything. I've read a bit in this thread, but I'm not sure what the best solution for me is... Any help is appreciated!

anon(335536)

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Follow firehaks post on installling his odin image. Or, go to a sprint store since it sounds like you never modified your phone so sprint should cover it.

brokebassoon

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
If I take it to Sprint, are they going to do something that causes me to lose everything off my internal storage? I suppose there isn't much on there, but still...

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
It's possible that you could lose data, yes. If you try booting the phone while holding space + P and can get into download mode you won't have to go to Sprint. If you use Odin to flash an image it's still recommended to do a factory wipe though..

vrvallejo

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Nope. I understood your question to entail whether being rooted would make the update to EK18 fail, which it didn't in my case. I'm in the same boat as everyone else as far as root; if I were still rooted, we'd probably be light years ahead in getting everyone else back to root, since I could pull the needed images.

Thanks for the reply, silly question on my part looking through the other threads - now I know...

Reactions: spacefish35

Griwka

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
good day.
I have problem with Replenish after following^
1 - T23
3 - E27
3 - GB update
So? a had 2 on phone, and yestarday i recieved OTA update 3/ I tried update, but recieved Eroor7 (my phone has only root? no other chnges)/ I downgrade to 1, then it updated to 2 and after this steps i finally got3/ But after treats with root, and no success? i decided to turn back to 2/ I again doungraded to 1 (using method from first post), and here started problems^ pnone not boot forther than SAMSUNG signature and vibrate (as it vibrate, then force ap close happens)/ Restarting do not brought any chanses. Then i booted into upload mode (using U+POWER), cleared chache and restore factory? and afret restart phone finally boot with version 1/ A bit later phone asked for updating to 2/ In update process on 20% phone rebootedand afterfuul start i noticed, that it on 1/ Several attemps to update to 2 has the same 20% interruptions. I tried to use again method for programming phone to 1 from beginning, now after process nothing changed (even installed progs not disappear) and update to 2 is impossible, and of cource impossible to update to GB/ So my phone now on 1 (e23)/
Please advise how to clear all and update to E27 again?
Sorry for my English, it is not my native language

anon(482951)

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
good day.
I have problem with Replenish after following^
1 - T23
3 - E27
3 - GB update
So? a had 2 on phone, and yestarday i recieved OTA update 3/ I tried update, but recieved Eroor7 (my phone has only root? no other chnges)/ I downgrade to 1, then it updated to 2 and after this steps i finally got3/ But after treats with root, and no success? i decided to turn back to 2/ I again doungraded to 1 (using method from first post), and here started problems^ pnone not boot forther than SAMSUNG signature and vibrate (as it vibrate, then force ap close happens)/ Restarting do not brought any chanses. Then i booted into upload mode (using U+POWER), cleared chache and restore factory? and afret restart phone finally boot with version 1/ A bit later phone asked for updating to 2/ In update process on 20% phone rebootedand afterfuul start i noticed, that it on 1/ Several attemps to update to 2 has the same 20% interruptions. I tried to use again method for programming phone to 1 from beginning, now after process nothing changed (even installed progs not disappear) and update to 2 is impossible, and of cource impossible to update to GB/ So my phone now on 1 (e23)/
Please advise how to clear all and update to E27 again?
Sorry for my English, it is not my native language

http://www.firehak.com/android/replenish-gingerbread-odin-image/ you can use the files here to restore to gb

airhogeric

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Help! I just got the Gingerbread update for my Replenish this morning, and after installing it the phone won't restart... it just gets stuck on the Samsung logo screen, vibrates a couple times, goes blank for half a second and shows the Samsung logo again (over and over). I'm not rooted or anything. I've read a bit in this thread, but I'm not sure what the best solution for me is... Any help is appreciated!

I have the EXACT same problem with my replenish after I reluctantly clicked as my phone kept pestering me to install the updates this morning....

My question is, can I use this as grounds to ask for credit towards a new phone etc? Or will I be lucky to just have it fixed and lose my contacts/programs etc.

anon(482951)

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I have the EXACT same problem with my replenish after I reluctantly clicked as my phone kept pestering me to install the updates this morning....

My question is, can I use this as grounds to ask for credit towards a new phone etc? Or will I be lucky to just have it fixed and lose my contacts/programs etc.

Follow the directions here http://www.firehak.com/android/replenish-gingerbread-odin-image/ it will show you how to fix your phone

anon(482951)

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I saw that link above, however am hesitant to change anything at this point with a relatively new phone.

I guess I should have asked if this is easily fixable at a sprint store?

They may charge you and keep your phone for a few days but I'm not exactally sure. However I have used this on my own phone and it has worked. But this method does erase your phone

airhogeric

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
They may charge you and keep your phone for a few days but I'm not exactally sure. However I have used this on my own phone and it has worked. But this method does erase your phone

Thanks for the replies thus far.

What does "holding space + P and can get into download mode you won't have to go to Sprint" actually do and could this help me attempt to perform the update without losing all my data?

I would like to be able to use my phone today, it is friday after all...

anon(482951)

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies thus far.

What does "holding space + P and can get into download mode you won't have to go to Sprint" actually do and could this help me attempt to perform the update without losing all my data?

I would like to be able to use my phone today, it is friday after all...

Holding space + p when the phone is booting up puts the phone into download mode making it able to be restored. You could modify the .tar file by using 7zip and deleting the data.rfs file

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Holding space + p when the phone is booting up puts the phone into download mode making it able to be restored. You could modify the .tar file by using 7zip and deleting the data.rfs file

You do not want to delete data.rfs unless already on GB. I included every file because not doing so sends users upgrading from froyo into a boot loop.

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
What odin image are you using? And do you mean you're using the "PDA" button in odin? You want the button that says "One Package."

randyist

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
What odin image are you using? And do you mean you're using the "PDA" button in odin? You want the button that says "One Package."

i'm trying to flash one of my replenishes back to stock ED23.. using ODIN. . I've done it before on another replenish with no problems...it acts like it's flashing, but the baseband is listed as EK18 ..and I'm still on android 2.2.2 froyo.

the Build number is Froyo.ED23 ..it's all mixed up.

and for some reason the ODIN will not wipe it out. I've tried it in the PDA slot.. and even in the Phone slot. .same results.. and i'm using the OPS file as required.

I'm confused on this one.

Any advice would be helpful. Thank you!

anon(482951)

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
i'm trying to flash one of my replenishes back to stock ED23.. using ODIN. . I've done it before on another replenish with no problems...it acts like it's flashing, but the baseband is listed as EK18 ..and I'm still on android 2.2.2 froyo.

the Build number is Froyo.ED23 ..it's all mixed up.

and for some reason the ODIN will not wipe it out. I've tried it in the PDA slot.. and even in the Phone slot. .same results.. and i'm using the OPS file as required.

I'm confused on this one.

Any advice would be helpful. Thank you!

Your using shabby's odin files. His files don't come with the modem so the baseband will stay the same version

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
The ED23 odin image doesn't include every file because no one expected GB, so not everything may work properly when downgrading. You also shouldn't be using any slot but "One Package." I have a successful flash every time with it.

randyist

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
The ED23 odin image doesn't include every file because no one expected GB, so not everything may work properly when downgrading. You also shouldn't be using any slot but "One Package." I have a successful flash every time with it.

Thank you. Yeah that must have been what I did the first time because now it works. I flasheed the rooted gingerbread and it works well!

The instructions for the rooted stock gingerbread say just to flas h the tar..I messed that one up. ;)

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Tapatalk

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alakmalak