Has anyone tried a bluetooth keyboard on the Replenish?

1999ws9

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
I happened to be at Radio Shack and they have a Verbatim BT Keyboard on clearance. It's actually quite nice. It folds in half and includes a soft case for it. I tried to use it with my Replenish and was able to pair them but not connect? Which seems really weird and I know my BT works because I have a Jabra ear piece that works great.

I was really disappointed and I wonder if there is something else I should have done. I've read other posts here about the BT keyboards being "rooted" or something but that is all beyond me. Since it at least paired what else is there to do? Any suggestions? Anyone else using a BT keyboard and if so what model and what did you have to do to make it work on the Replenish with v2.2.2. TIA.

1999ws9

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Just thought I'd throw this out there should anyone else be interested.

The Verbatim keyboard is identical to the Freedom Pro with the exception of one button. That one button made all the difference. The Freedom has a slider that does SPP or HID. With their drivers and SPP it works great.

The Verbatim will not work with the Freedom drivers and it must be because the Verbatim is HID only. I got mine off fleabay for $64. Everyone thinks I have the worlds fastest thumbs now because they don't know I am pounding on a keyboard. :D

I love this little booger!

freedom-pro-keyboard-open-with-storm-copy.png