Boycott Samsung over KNOX!

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

Here's a unique idea.
Let's pass the word to boycott Samsung over the whole KNOX fiasco.
Use social media, ie. twitter, facebook, etc. to pass the word.
Tell everyone you know not to buy a Samsung phone this holiday season.

The only thing that will make companies take notice is if we take action.

1. Just the attempt to downgrade firmware or load unauthorized firmware triggers KNOX in 4.3 and voids your warranty.
2. Now that's not bad enough, because even if you now load a signed piece of firmware KNOX still stays triggered.
3. If my warranty is now void, I should be able to do what I want, but nooooo, my bootloader is still locked and I have no warranty.

So Samsung should fix this. Just trying to do something should not void my warranty, especially since they block the possibility of being able to change the bootloader.

This is not Samsung's device.
Everyone does not need nor want KNOX and those that need it, know it.
The majority of devices are not enterprise, so why are they forcing an enterprise and NSA solution down our throats!

BOYCOTT SAMSUNG!!!

fingertrick

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I really wish something with a completely reasonable idea to an issue that we all hate would be that simple to make them really make a fundamental change. If most people were aware which i sont see possible or likely however, you may be right.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
"Just trying to do something should not void my warranty" Did that ring as even remotely correct and/or valid when you typed it?

Trying to do something they have completely blocked.
Even if I fail and nothing is changed, the warranty is void.
If they want to void the warranty, fine. Then let me have control of my device.
They want to be able to void your warranty without any recourse, even if you attempted to flash, by mistake an earlier version of the signed software.
Nothing happens and you must flash or reflash the same version or a newer one than is currently installed.

Nothing unseemly, but now I don't have a warranty and the bootloader is still locked.
Void the warranty, unlock the eff'n phone.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The other sad thing is, before Knox, if you flashed official Samsung ROMs, the flash count wouldn't change. The more and more I am reading about these changes makes me happy I got a Moto X.

From a Sprint Moto X on AC forums app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty