Picture Messaging

squinnster

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Anyone having trouble downloading received picture messages on the Samsung Stratosphere? I got my phone yesterday & love everything about, except for the fact that a) I can't seem to download pictures and b) it doesn't light up, indicating that I have a message. Any suggestions?

Armada

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
a) I have trouble downloading MMS attachments as well. Can't help you with that as I don't know the cause either.
b) The Strat doesn't have a notification LED. You'll never see a light to let you know you have anything. Try NoLED in the Market if you need something to help with that. I, personally, have gotten past that.

squinnster

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Are any of you having trouble sending MMS messages too, or just downloading them? I tried to send one today and it said that the phone did not support the feature, which is crap b/c my previous non-smartphone had no trouble whatsoever.

ekloot

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
For the problem with not getting your multimedia txts attachements...I was intermittently having this problem too...and if you're connected to wifi, you won't get the attachements at all. I found a work-around in another forum somewhere. Basically, open up the strat's message application and go to Settings...and under Multimedia message settings, disable "Auto-retrieve". After doing that, when a picture message or multimedia txt comes to your phone, it won't automatically try to download the attachement. You'll have a "download" box in the message that you can click and download the attachment when you want to (such as when you're not on wifi or when you're 3g or 4g connection is for sure working).

redwizard69

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Mine is working fine. Wifi is on and so is auto-retrieve. When message comes in I press the picture in the message, it comes up in a new window. Then press the menu button on phone and choose save attachment. Saves it to my SD card.

KnightCrusader

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I've never had a problem with mine as long as I have a data connection to the cell network; however, I do use Handcent instead of the built in Messaging app so that might have something to do with it as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress