Samsung Transform to be free with 2yr upg/new

dachiefmizzy

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone, I just saw Radioshacks black Friday ad for this year and noticed the Transform will be free with an upgrade or new contract from $150. I just picked up the Optimus S for free last sunday from them and although I am enjoying this phone I think I might return it and swap for a free Transform. So far my cons with the Optimus so far is no support for EA games as well as Gameloft apps, as well as Flash 10.1. I know the Transform is buggy and slow, but a 3.5 inch screen, faster CPU and front camera is nice and when it does get 2.2 it will most likely become the best of the Sprint ID packed phones. Anyways thought I'd put this out here to see what other new Optimus S adopters thought about this.

olmos.lalo

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Don't get the transform.
I'm returning it and getting the Optimus S instead. The transform is buggy and slow as hell! The transform might have performance improvements when froyo arrives but it'll still be slow, remember its using the same processor as the year old moment. Dont be fooled by the 800 megahertz, its slow. The optimus on the other hand might have a weak 600 megahertz but it has a dedicated gpu unlike the transform which means playing videos and games such as Angry Birds isn't gonna be Choppy and Unresponsive! And I'm not so sure but I'm positive the Optimus has 512 ram compared to the 256 of the transform.
Overall: Optimus>Transform

Last edited:

KMfiremedic111

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I just got my Transform a few days ago, downloaded a ton of apps and have no lag. Ever with angry birds. Seems pretty fast to me. No complaints at all. I got a good task killer that frees things up and keeps phone fast. Internet is decently fast . Once 2.2 comes out it will allow several more video chat apps to work aside from just Tango. I would stick with the transform. It is faster than the optimus, front camera included. So far I love it!!

Reactions: dachiefmizzy

berger1980

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I was going to say, anyone that thinks this phone is slow as hell must live in the boondocks or something. I use roam control, roam 100% of the time, wifi tether, and custom kernel, this phone kicks ass.

KMfiremedic111

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I actually just uninstalled all my task killers. Read many forums and articles that explains why they are not needed. Phone works just as good if not better without them now.

dachiefmizzy

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply guys, still thinking about the swap though. Can anyone confirm if the Transform can actually play games like Need for Speed Shift and other popular 3D games? I enjoy mobile gaming when possible and the best game I can get on the Optimus thus far is Exzeus and Angry Birds, both great games but I am looking to play some of the Gameloft and EA titles.

HollyJollyDog

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
If you are really set on 3d gaming on Sprints network, the only 2 phones that are capable enough to make that remotely enjoyable are the EVO and EPIC. Unfortunately they come with a premium but are both very good phones.

If this was not a sticking point for you then I would recommend the Optimus, for the price it is a very capable phone, has a gpu which none of the other mid/bugdet grade andriod phones have currently for Sprint.

Graphics are a key selling point of the EPIC if you must have 3d gaming, imo.

Best of luck on picking a phone.

kd0axs

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know if this deal will work for adding a line to an existing account?

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G with Tapatalk

dachiefmizzy

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I didn't notice that, I went in this morning to swap my optimus s and they gave me the Transform for free :). Guess I got lucky lol today is my birthday.