can HTC sensation be rooted ?

rashidragon

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
hi all
i was wondering can i root an htc sensation ?

cuz i wanna buy one if it can be rooted if not then i wont need it =/

if u can root it can any 1 post a link to a tut :D

if u cant what other androids do u suggest me to buy i need it to be with high possessor and high RAM + able to be rooted

thankx =]

INK

Banned
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Truth be told the phone isn't a week old yet. And there we no leaked info about the Sensation that allowed devices to be rooted very early (Thuderbolt). But I'm sure root will come fast. As of now the only phones that will come close to this one are the Evo 3D, And Galaxy s2. And the 3D isn't out yet. So I'm sure if you get a Sensation you'll have your root access very quickly.

INK

nox

Retired Super Moderator
Jan 15, 2010
www.AndroidCentral.com
If I remember correctly (correct if I'm wrong), the Sensation has a locked boot loader that when 'rooted', will only hold a temporary root that will disable upon reboot.
Until HTC (if they do) provides some sort of method to unlock the bootloader, which will then allow custom ROM's and things alike.

I say wait it out and see how everything is coming along, maybe the Evo 3D will ship with an unlocked bootloader. If it does, I say go with that one.

cvillaf1

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Rooting On HTC Sensation, Incredible and More With HTC Super Tool v3

verify here printernetandmore.blogspot.com/2012/02/rooting-on-htc-sensation-incredible-and.html

ODAAT

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I have used the Super Tool v3 to root my Sensation XE. Works like a dream. Very easy- just follow the intructions. Permanent Root too. My phone seems to run better with some of the apps removed that I don't use (Stocks for example). Don't forget to do a NANDROIOD back up if you start playing around with different ROMS. My experience of trialling different ROMs was I actually found I preferred the stock rom so was glad I could retrieve it when I wanted to.

garycat69

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I have used the Super Tool v3 to root my Sensation XE. Works like a dream. Very easy- just follow the intructions. Permanent Root too. My phone seems to run better with some of the apps removed that I don't use (Stocks for example). Don't forget to do a NANDROIOD back up if you start playing around with different ROMS. My experience of trialling different ROMs was I actually found I preferred the stock rom so was glad I could retrieve it when I wanted to.