Why isn't audio on videos playing through Chrome browser?

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
No audio on videos playing through chrome browser

Anyone else having this problem? I cant figure it out. Any video I play on chrome or audio I play through chrome doesnt play at all via speakers, bluetooth headsets or through headphone jacks. They play fine through other web browsers though. Any thoughts?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
re:

Is your Shield fully updated? I think there's a system update that was recently released.

Also, have you tried playing the videos after requesting the desktop site for those video sites? Tap the menu button in Chrome, and tap the checkbox for Request Desktop Site.

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
re:

Thanks for the response. Yes it is. I just got it a little over a week ago and got update soon after

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
re:

Have you tried playing the videos in full desktop mode, as mentioned in the previous post? How about going to Settings>Apps>All, selecting Chrome, and Clearing Cache/Data?

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
re:

Have you tried playing the videos in full desktop mode, as mentioned in the previous post? How about going to Settings>Apps>All, selecting Chrome, and Clearing Cache/Data?

That did it! Thank you so much! Clearing the app data from settings got rid of the bug