Yellow mark on corner of tablet screen - heat mark? Needs repair?

Dec 17, 2016
Visit site
Hello,

I had my tablet charging on and off over a weekend and when I used it on the Sunday evening I noticed a yellow mark on the top right of the screen.

Looking online it looked like it could be a heat mark, like the glue heating up too much, so I unplugged it and the mark disappeared overnight.

Using it last night I noticed the mark again, this time much smaller, but I didn't feel like I'd been over charging it (on and off throughout the day) but the corner where the mark was, was much warmer than the other corners.

Again, the mark has disappeared again but now it's happened once is this going to be a bigger issue?

I'm loath to send it in for repair but will be annoyed that not long after I got the tablet it's started doing this. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It sounds as if some component in that corner of the tablet is overheating, leading to a problem with the screen. There's not much you can do other than completely backing the tablet up (see Backing up an Android Device) and sending it in for repair.

You can't really "overcharge" it if it's working right. The charging circuit in the tablet shuts the charge off when the battery is fully charged, even if the charger is still plugged in.

Dec 17, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for this. It's just occurred to me, I run BOINC so when it's charged over a certain amount it starts running and donating processor power to BOINC projects. I think I only donate 50% of the processing power but I wonder if this could have led to a permanent charging state and overheated it?

Thing is all tablets that use BOINC will do this so don't understand why it wouldn't be a more common problem.

One key question, is this now damaged so will happen regardless now, ie it's happened once so now will happen frequently?

I've suspended BOINC so will see what happens. Thanks again.

Dec 17, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for this. It's just occurred to me, I run BOINC so when it's charged over a certain amount it starts running and donating processor power to BOINC projects. I think I only donate 50% of the processing power but I wonder if this could have led to a permanent charging state and overheated it?

Thing is all tablets that use BOINC will do this so don't understand why it wouldn't be a more common problem.

One key question, is this now damaged so will happen regardless now, ie it's happened once so now will happen frequently?

I've suspended BOINC so will see what happens. Thanks again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89