Busybox issue gingerbread galaxy tab

Dr. Pariolo

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Hello,
Id like to request some support.
I have successfully rooted my galaxy tab (7 inch model, gingerbread) and that seems to be working correctly: I have that super user app install, and every time I launch a root like app (such as shoot me etc..) there's the pop up asking for permission.

Problem comes at the next step: busybox. I have downloaded the busybox installer from the market. Followed the steps... latest message I saw from the app is that everything went smooth, but when I launch apps that require busybox (such as Shark), application says it cant find busybox...

After rebooting, I go again to the busybox installer (I got the two of them now available on the market). Once says I don't have root, which BS, and invites me to go to the super user app and forget the settings about that application. That I do, and doesnt do anything. App request root priveleges, which I grant, but it will still tell me that it doesnt have them.

The second busybox app goes a little further: It gets the root powers (which once again proves my phone is definitely rooted) and it says something like phone is rooted and many copies of busybox were encountered.

Apparently I got more than a single copy. But when I try to "re-install" it, this is what I get: can not install because system is not in read write mode.

And i did remount the system folder with root tools pro but I still get the same message...

So, how could I resolve this situation?

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
martinst-uk