AT&T Note 2 stuck in download mode after trying to install TWRP custom recovery. Please Help! What should I do?

Mason Witters

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
AT&T Note 2 stuck in "download mode" after trying to install TWRP custom recovery. Please Help

This is my first time rooting a phone and installing a custom recovery and I have looked everywhere for a solution but cannot find anything at all. I rooted my AT&T note 2 with CF Auto Root and it worked great. I checked with root checker and everything was going awesome. I was so excited. Then I downloaded the TWRP app from the google play store so I could install it. I followed all the instructions, installed the TWRP recovery, and the tried to reboot into recovery. And now it is stuck on the screen that says downloading or download mode, do not turn off device. I have tried everything from removing the battery and volume down+home button+power button but nothing is working. When I installed TWRP I just installed the latest version which may have been where I went wrong. I should have done some more research and found the best one to install but I figured the most up to date would be the best. Im really hoping this phone is not done for good. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.