Add item to existing list on Google Keep using Android Wear? Sony Smartwatch 3

neilcooper33

May 19, 2016
Visit site
I have a problem using Google Keep with my Sony Smartwatch 3.

I have a shopping list on Keep. If i say.. 'ok google, add cheese to shopping list' on my phone, it will add the item to the existing list as expected. If i say the same to my watch, it will not add it, it will try to search the net for shopping list apps...

Is anyone having the same problem? this feature working properly would be really useful to me...

Thanks in advance :)

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I have a problem using Google Keep with my Sony Smartwatch 3.

I have a shopping list on Keep. If i say.. 'ok google, add cheese to shopping list' on my phone, it will add the item to the existing list as expected. If i say the same to my watch, it will not add it, it will try to search the net for shopping list apps...

Is anyone having the same problem? this feature working properly would be really useful to me...

Thanks in advance :)
It's not you... I get the same exact behavior on my Sony SmartWatch 3 as well. Telling the watch to add cheese (or whatever) to your shopping list just doesn't work from the watch face screen. Perhaps this will change / improve in AW 2.0 that was announced yesterday, but we'll have to wait and see there.

For the time being, this way will achieve the same thing.... but with a bit more swiping and work involved. If you open Keep on the watch, then select your "shopping list", you will see at the bottom of the list you have the option to add another item.

73d966feaa278df55e6c4ac71188faca.jpg

If you tap that, it will take you to a data entry screen where you CAN tell the watch to add "cheese" to the list.

cdf189858bc6effe81fc2bb79c0ad294.jpg

This method works fine for me on the SW3. However, I understand that this isn't exactly what you wanted and does take quite a few more steps.

neilcooper33

May 19, 2016
Visit site
thanks for the info! yes, would be great if It can be done purely with voice as it's possible with the phone.... hopefully in the upgrade as you say :)

JDuaneJ

May 8, 2016
Visit site
I'm experiencing the same issue. This seems like such a simple obvious functionality that Google or the Android Wear team have simply chose not to support. It's frustrating because these watches are supposed to make life easier when you can't interact with your phone or your hands are full - like when taking the dog for a walk, I have some time to think about my to-do list for the day and I want to just freaking add crap to an existing list without having to touch my super small watch screen.

Very frustrating because this was really the main reason for getting the darn thing in the first place. lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87