Problem with Xperia XZ2 charger

Josh Lenna

Nov 27, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Recently I've just bought myself an Xperia XZ2. Everything works pretty well, except the charger included in the package. It's the UCH12 with Quick Charge 3.0; actually it works well most of the time, but sometimes I find out that the device is still being charged but the battery percentage doesn't increase or increase slowly.

The retailer said that my device was brand-new when imported, but they had to unbox them and transport the package separately with the device due to some law limits. So, I'm afraid that my device is actually not original and my issue above comes from this.

Any ideas on my issue? Thanks a lot!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Have you tried another charger, and if so, does that charge consistently?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The retailer said that my device was brand-new when imported, but they had to unbox them and transport the package separately with the device due to some law limits.
If you're in the US, return the phone for a refund - it was sold under false pretenses ... at least. (There's also false advertising, selling a used product as new, etc. Howard Appliances in New York was put out of business a few decades ago for doing that.)

It sounds as if the battery has been badly abused.