Thank you for magnetic chargers.

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
You make my life complete. Next best thing to wireless charging. Got one cable today. Waiting on. The dock and the car dock.

Posted via Android Central App

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Amen. I have the dock but am traveling and need a cable. Ordered last night from Amazon and will have it tomorrow!

Posted via my Xperia Z2

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I am still looking for a case with a cutout over the magnetic charging port. Any ideas? I am using a tudia tpu case which I like, but no access to the port. Have to remove the case to use the dock or cable.

Posted via Nexus 5

Kianski

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
The LG nexus 5 case with the screen cover had a thin section over the qi charger; works seamlessly. Expensive case but well worth it.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
The LG nexus 5 case with the screen cover had a thin section over the qi charger; works seamlessly. Expensive case but well worth it.

Sorry, I meant a case for my Z2 magnetic charging port.

Posted via Nexus 5

Last edited:

darigaaz12

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Be careful pushing these on too hard and taking them off at odd angles. My port is no longer sealed to the phone. I'm sending my phone in to Sony for a fix....

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Be careful pushing these on too hard and taking them off at odd angles. My port is no longer sealed to the phone. I'm sending my phone in to Sony for a fix....

Yeah I am not to crazy about these flaps that cover the ports. I would rather take my case off and charge vs take the flaps off daily to USB charge. I cut a hole in one of my tpu cases but it looks terrible.

Posted via Nexus 5

Last edited:

darigaaz12

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Ya, read some things that it's just sealed with a bit of glue. Hopefully that was only on initial devices and some changes have been made so this doesn't happen again. I wanted to use this post to not wear out the flaps but you can easily buy new flaps... Glad I noticed this before I took another swim

Sent from my D6503 using AC Forums mobile app

kelumnk

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Anyone noticed problems with magnetic charging?
I got an original sony magnetic charger, but wont charge properly!
Ya, read some things that it's just sealed with a bit of glue. Hopefully that was only on initial devices and some changes have been made so this doesn't happen again. I wanted to use this post to not wear out the flaps but you can easily buy new flaps... Glad I noticed this before I took another swim

Sent from my D6503 using AC Forums mobile app

Alex Man

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
This just happened to me today. The magnet on the charger has been so strong, it actually pulled the prong-mechanism right out of the phone. I have been able to push it back in and it still charges fine. But still... Kind of unnerving to think this can happen.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty