Z3 Compact on T Mobile

BW

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm *this* close to getting this phone from Clove out of the UK, but I'm worried that the rapid network expansion going on with T Mobile and new bands leaving this phone behind. I clearly have no idea what I'm talking about, but I hear all of you discussing the 700 and the 1900 and the VOLte or whatever and I'm beginning to realize that next to battery life, the next thing I should worry about is future proofing for the new frequencies so I can take advantage of the improvements.

Has anyone gotten the UK Z3 Compact and used it on T Mobile? Can you give me some guidance? Will the new networks be able to be updated through software updates? Will the fact that I got mine from the UK exclude me from those?

I'd rather have the compact than the normal Z3, even though that would probably be easier since T Mobile is going to carry it.

chadmd23

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Neither of these Sony phones can handle the future TMO bands. I think the Nexus 6 is the only phone with capabilities as of now. But these have not been deployed yet and there is no timeframe available. Also new bands require hardware, so they can't be updated at a later date.

I've been on a 1 year upgrade plan, so I'm figuring that a z3c will last until the new bands are deployed.