Cases for z3 compact?

Sergiusz Jasper

May 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm having a hard time locating a case like a otterbox defender for z3c or something close to it plus one with just the magnetic charging port open... Please post any good case findings.

pfase1

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered the Case-Mate Tough Case. There really aren't a lot of options out there yet for the Z3C and this seemed to offer the best protection, although it doesn't cover all the ports. We'll see how it goes.

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Found this one on ebay. Good to see it with the same color as my phone. Just ordered it so I will have to report back on quality.

posted via my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-10-01-19-01.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-01-10-01-19-01.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 162

Spirk

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Bugdroid Circuit Case for Sony Xperia Z3 Compact - Sony - Cases

Got this case in orange, green, clear and blue they work well and only have a port open for magnetic charger only issue is if u use tempered glass u have to trim the edges all around so it don't lift glass cos of its tight fit... I used a dremmal tool.

I have 2 of those cases and I haven't had a problem with the case pulling up my tempered glass screen protector. I stretched the case around the protector when I first put the case on and it goes on and off just fine now. The case just has to be worn in a little.

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
hmmm....interesting.
how do you like it?

I will report on both as soon as I get em. I'm hoping they are as good quality as they look . I like the idea of the leather pouch design. I prefer to use the phone without a case but it is a necessity with the price of these things. The pouch seems like a compromise. I got some tempered glass protectors for the front and back coming too.
Feels like Christmas.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Xperia Z3 Compact

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Have tried both Snakehive leather cases now, each for a week. Both are nice and fit the phone well. I prefer the non flip pouch type but for the price you can't go wrong with either. I found them on eBay.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Xperia Z3 Compact

***update
Stay away from the Snakehive flip case. plastic tab that hold phone snapped off. Broke as I was putting my phone in my pocket. Not very strong material.

Last edited:

samd102

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Case-mate tough case

716vBWclFyL._SL1500_.jpg

Despite many positive reviews I am NOT impressed with this case. Although it allows for charging via a Sony DK48 magnetic docking station (I don't know about other docking stations) and the actual case is sturdy and compact it simply does not offer full protection for all corners of the phone (as one reviewer has previously and wisely observed).....

Despite many positive reviews I am NOT impressed with this case. Although it allows for charging via a Sony DK48 magnetic docking station (I don't know about other docking stations) and the actual case is sturdy and compact it simply does not offer full protection for all corners of the phone (as one reviewer has previously and wisely observed).....

The design which allows access to the USB flap, essentially leaves the top left of the phone unprotected. The corner of the case just isn't rigid enough and constantly needs to be pushed back in. This coupled with the clumsy 'pull-on' attachment method (not suited to the delicate nature of this phone) has lead to a tiny crack at the bottom of the screen and rendered my new Z3 Compact UNUSEABLE! VERY UNHAPPY.

TO ALL Z3 Compact owners. Firstly apply a glass tempered screen protector (forget the plastic film dust covers), properly and in a dust free environment. The Z3 Compact has a delicate glass screen anyway that needs reinforcing. As does the whole phone.

Then it looks like the best case around is the Ringke FUSION [Free HD Film/Dust Cap&Drop Protection][CRYSTAL VIEW] Case Shock Absorption…but this has it's design flaws too (reading the reviews)

If I replace this phone, the search for a DECENT case continues.....

Last edited:

samd102

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Despite many positive reviews I am NOT impressed with this case. Although it allows for

charging via a Sony DK48 magnetic docking station (I don't know about other docking stations)

and the actual case is sturdy and compact it simply does not offer full protection for all corners

of the phone (as one reviewer has previously and wisely observed).....

The design which allows access to the USB flap, essentially leaves the top left of the phone

unprotected. The corner of the case just isn't rigid enough and constantly needs to be pushed

back in. This coupled with the clumsy 'pull-on' attachment method (not suited to the delicate

nature of this phone) has lead to a tiny crack at the bottom of the screen and rendered my new

Z3 Compact UNUSEABLE! VERY UNHAPPY.

TO ALL Z3 Compact owners. Firstly apply a glass tempered screen protector (forget the plastic

film dust covers), properly and in a dust free environment. The Z3 Compact has a delicate glass

screen anyway that needs reinforcing. As does the whole phone.

Then it looks like the best case around is the Ringke FUSION [Free HD Film/Dust Cap&Drop

Protection][CRYSTAL VIEW] Case Shock Absorption…but this has it's design flaws too

(reading the reviews)

If I replace this phone, the search for a DECENT case continues.....

ORA1

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
I just used the screen protector that came with the phone. Actually the dealer Vodacom where i bought it did it for me., no cracks, nothing.
Well yet anyway.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87